🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: My account is suspended just because of c...
Page options
mutahirnazar
Community Member

My account is suspended just because of changing password and loging into a new device

I logged in here after a very long time, I did not violated any upwork policy. But after 1 or 2 miniuts of logging into my account, it  got suspended. Can anyone from upwork community help me in this situation.  I have few skills and just want to start freelancing  here. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

The screenshot you posted says that you changed your password AND you changed your security question within a few minutes, AND you did so while connecting from an unknown device.

If that flagged a suspension so that these actions can be confirmed, then that was a reasonable automated security precaution on Upwork's part.

Can you explain why you changed your password and security question while using a new device?

Thankyou very much for your responce. 

I was not sure of my old password, that is why i clicked forget password and updated it. I was doing this on my new laptop and don't have access to my old device.  Than i started updating my profile and all of sudden i got suspended. 
Well now i know upwork have a strong security system to protect it's users, I will take care of all these situations next time but please for now open my account, that would be great help. 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mutahir,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Oh i accidently clicked this reply as a solution Smiley Frustrated now what should i do!!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths