🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » My address is different. What should I input?
Page options
denissiletsky
Community Member

My address is different. What should I input?

Hello

I moved a month ago.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Even, I need to move to another house again after a month.

Which one should I input at the Contact info?

Do I need to input my living address or tax address?

I am not sure about this.

Please help me.

Best, 

Denis

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Denis,

You won't have any problems if your billing address is different. You can add the one that you prefer. However, as Bojan mentioned profile address needs to reflect your location if you have moved on a longer period of time. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
michael_skaggs
Community Member

You might want to be aware that this is a public forum, and you just posted your home address...

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Denis,

If you are changing your address temporarily, you don’t need to update it. If it does raise any flags on our end, the team will reach out to you directly.  If however, you are going to change it for an extended period, and update your documents with your new address, then you should make updates to your account address information. 

You may need to consult with a legal advisor about how to properly report your taxes.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, Bojan

Thanks for your reply.

I mean I have input my current living address to upwork.

But my billing address is different.

I can see my current address on "Tax Information" setting and it's not my billing address.

Do I need to change it or keep it?

Thanks,

Denis

Hi Denis,

You won't have any problems if your billing address is different. You can add the one that you prefer. However, as Bojan mentioned profile address needs to reflect your location if you have moved on a longer period of time. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths