cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My client accepted my proposal but I can't find it in "My Jobs"???

tarntg
Tonia R Member Since: Nov 10, 2016
1 of 9

Hi everyone

I am new to Upwork and I'm a bit confused right now and don't know if I'm doing the right thing. So my first client replied me saying I am now part of his project and gave me a download link of the work etc. However when I go on Upwork and check my work is not there. I'm not sure how the system should work so if I start to work now, is my payment guaranteed? 

Thanks in advance. Man Wink

niag
Community Guru
Nia G Member Since: May 3, 2016
BEST ANSWER
2 of 9

If you haven't accepted a formal offer here and you can't find the project under the 'My Jobs' tab then you should not begin working. Any work you do when not under contract isn't covered by Upwork protection.  You can just let your client know that before you can begin working, you'll need him to set up a contract/send an offer via Upwork.  

View solution in original post

tarntg
3 of 9

Thank you for your reply. I'll be aware 🙂

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 9

Hi Tonia,

It's very important that you don't start working until you have a contract under My Jobs tab as Nia noted. We'll have the team review the client account you are referring to. Meanwhile, please check this post and especially "Safety First!" section of it.

~ Valeria
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 9

Tonia:

There are two possibilities:

a) the client is new and does not know how to send an official job offer properly, using the "Hire" button.

or

b) the client absolutely knows how to use Upwork correctly, and is trying to trick you into working for free or doing something else dangerous, like loading spyware onto your computer.

Do not spend too much time with this client. Give her one chance to send you a proper Upwork offer. If she doesn't, then move on and forget about her. Tell her:

"Janice,

Thank you for choosing me to work on your project! I'm excited to get started. If you will use the green Hire button you see on your Upwork client-side interface, you'll be able to send me an official job offer. I'll accept the position and start working immediately."

tarntg
6 of 9

Thank you for the advice! She has been ignoring my replies so I guess I'll have to move on unfortunately.

kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
7 of 9

Tonia = In addition to what is said above, if an offer is sent to you via Upwork, and you accept it, make sure BEFORE you start work (if it's a fixed price job) that the clients account is verified AND funds for either the entire job or for each milestone (as they come up) are FULLY funded into escrow for the amount of the jobs/milestones. Do not start work until bofh are satisfied. (ferified and funded)

tarntg
8 of 9

Thank you I'll definitely take extra care in the future!

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
9 of 9

The "you are now part of my project" is the captcha scammer