🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: My client needs to screenshare with me. H...
Page options
kalico1
Community Member

My client needs to screenshare with me. How best to do this?

I'm new to Upwork. Normally (outside of Upwork) I use Join.Me or Skype to allow clients to share their screen with me. Does the Upwork desktop app have that ability?  I want the client to share their screen (I am not sharing my screen in this case), because the job involves them demonstrating their technical problems so I can troubleshoot. If not, what are my options so my work/time are tracked? If so, how can I send them instructions on how to do that?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
browersr
Community Member

Screen sharing doesn't have to be through the UW tool in order to track your time. You could be using Skype with the UW time tracker in the background and screen captures will show your screen with a Skype share. Whatever you are running on your desktop will be captured by the time tracker so long as it's running so use whatever you or the client are comfortable with for screen share. Skype/Slack/Team Viewer/etc. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Marci,

Unfortunately, we don't have that feature on our desktop app yet. You may use other software/site to share screens with your client. Your hours should be tracked using our Upwork desktop app. Thank you.

Untitled
browersr
Community Member

Screen sharing doesn't have to be through the UW tool in order to track your time. You could be using Skype with the UW time tracker in the background and screen captures will show your screen with a Skype share. Whatever you are running on your desktop will be captured by the time tracker so long as it's running so use whatever you or the client are comfortable with for screen share. Skype/Slack/Team Viewer/etc. 

kalico1
Community Member

Thank you, that's very good to know. Does the time tracker just take snap shots every so often of the entire desktop? Or does it record everything? I've never used this tool before. Thanks for any advice, or a pointer to documentation. 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Marci,

The desktop app captures your screen in a 10 minutes intervals and it measures your activity.

To learn more how our desktop app works, check out this Help Article.

~ Goran
Upwork

Is the desktop app the same thing as what's referred to as the "Team App" in this document? (it's confusing....there is nothing I can find on Upwork called the Team App, and I can't find a list of downloads anywhere)

Hi Marci,

Yes it is the same.

~Nina
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths