🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: My client says I added manual time when I...
Page options
a_milicinska
Community Member

My client says I added manual time when I didn't

Hello!

My client says that I added manual time on 11th and 18th February, but I didn't. I told her to contact the support. My client says that the payment was processed. There is nothing on my profile, not added hours, or payments for these dates. I really need to sort this thing out.

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Aleksandra,

I will send you a PM. Thanks!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Too many clients don’t know how to use Upwork or read the information available to them.

On Upwork.com, sign in and go to Reports/Timesheet Details, select your client's project from the dropdown menu and change the dates to the period in question. You’ll then see a daily accounting of hours booked during that period.

Send a copy to your client and ask her to let you know what hours she thinks were added manually.

I very, very rarely book manual hours, but I assume they would show up as a line item on this report.

lysis10
Community Member

so what's the problem? tell her she's wrong and go back to video games. Is it hard to say "you're wrong?"

be0c25bc
Community Member

One has to be diplomatic. After all, this is the member's profile and reputation on the line. 

petra_r
Community Member

Aleksandra M wrote:

Hello!

My client says that I added manual time on 11th and 18th February, but I didn't. I told her to contact the support. My client says that the payment was processed. There is nothing on my profile, not added hours, or payments for these dates. I really need to sort this thing out.

Thank you!

On Monday the 11th the client was charged for whatever hours were worked (tracked or manual) during the week of the 4rth to 10th of February, and on Monday the 18th the client was charged for the hours that were worked (tracked or manual) during the week of the 11th to 17th of February.

She is probably just confused with the billing cycle.

JoanneP

Hi Aleksandra,

Please share the contract ID so I can check this for you. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Contract ID 20986006

Thank you!

Hi Aleksandra,

I will send you a PM. Thanks!

There is nothing wrong with being patient and diplomatic with a client who is not familiar with all aspects of Upwork. There is a learning curve.

One thing that can be done if the client has a question about manual hours is that we can take screenshots of our work diary and send these to the client. Manual hours look different, because they are just rectangular boxes instead of screenshots taken of our screens while we were working.

You can send screenshots of the days in question, even of no work was logged on those days. Your work diaries for those days are accessible. Even if they had no work done on those days,

You could also instruct the client that she may go into the contract settings and CHANGE the setting so that manual time can NOT be logged.

Be helpful, not defensive.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths