🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: My client says that he is trying to rele...
Page options
marcas_ngumunu
Community Member

My client says that he is trying to release the money but it’s not letting it says already funded

Recently my client ended the contracts and asked for the refund without consultaing me, the reason being am slow.  It was a course work and I had  completed some tasks. I asked him why he did so and replied that it was a misunderstanding and said sorry. He  aslo asked me to take the money in the escrow as a way of paying me for the already completed task. The client promised to release the money and when  I asked him why he haven't done so he said that he has been trying to release the money and the upwork is not letting it say already refunded. Am confused  what might be the problem. someone please help.

3 REPLIES 3
robin_hyman
Community Member

For fixed-priced projects where payment has been transferred to the freelancer, the client must request a refund from the freelancer (meaning then he consulted with you).  The misunderstanding sounds like he wanted the work done by a certain time and it wasn't completed in time.  

If the project was funded and is in escrow, client has to approve OR you would receive it after 14 days regardless.  

It doesn't sound like the project was funded.  Are you sure you even had a contract?  Something is fishy...

Robin H wrote:

If the project was funded and is in escrow, client has to approve OR you would receive it after 14 days regardless.  

He hasn't requested approval and the client ended the contract and requested a refund of the escrow funds.

Robin H wrote:

It doesn't sound like the project was funded.  Are you sure you even had a contract? 

It isn't possible to create a fixed rate contract without funding the first milestone at least. It is also not possible to ask for a refund if nothing was funded or if there wasn't a contract.

petra_r
Community Member

Alex N wrote:

Recently my client ended the contracts and asked for the refund without consultaing me, t

Did the client end the contract 7 days ago or longer? What did you do with the refund request? Did you accept it or dispute it?

Alex N wrote:

It was a course work and I had  completed some tasks. 

What do you mean course work? For school or college? You know that is strictly forbidden?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths