🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: My company needs W9 from Upwork for the m...
Page options
cbb6bcb0
Community Member

My company needs W9 from Upwork for the money we have paid to Upwork

Please read below and escalate my ticket to someone that can provide me with your W9.

Upwork is a vendor and I am paying Upwork for services. Therefore I need Upwork's W-9 form, formally titled “Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification.

---
This is direct from the IRS website......

A vendor will give you his taxpayer identification number, address and business name, and will certify he is not subject to backup withholding when he sends you a W-9 form, formally titled “Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification."

The Internal Revenue Service requires that you obtain W-9 forms when you make inventory and service purchases from a vendor to create a paper trail that allows the agency to catch vendors who do not report income and to prevent you from claiming illegitimate vendor expenses.

The IRS requires that you obtain a W-9 from every vendor from whom you purchase $600 in labor and services or $5,000 in direct sales, but you can request W-9s from vendors for smaller purchases.
---

My company can not claim a legitimate vendor expenses for the money we have paid Upwork without a W9.

Please send me your W9 asap or my company will not be using Upwork in the future.

I have already sumbitted an email and they refuse to send me Upwork's W9. At this point, this is an urgent matter. I have attched the exact form that I need. So please supply me with your W9.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

144 REPLIES 144

As stated by others in this chain, the W9 request is apart of the process for the university i work for and they will need it in order to start Upwork as a vendor and for us to make payments to your company. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Matt,

One of our team members will reach out to you and assist further with your request, thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
610cbb0e
Community Member

We also need a W9 from Upwork. My email is **Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael,

One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and provide a required document, thank you for reaching out to us!

~ Bojan
Upwork
7e7e3a0b
Community Member

Hello, 

Can you please have someone reach out to me regarding how to handle the W9 issue at the nonprofit I work at? I can't proceed w/out a solution to take to them. 

Thank you, 

Lesley

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lesley,

We'll have one of our agents get in touch with you to assist you further with your request, thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
474b9783
Community Member

Hi Bojan - My company's puchasing department also requires a W-9 in order to process Upwork invoices.

Thank you,

Mike

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mike,

One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and provide the requested document, thank you for reaching out to us!

~ Bojan
Upwork
f6082d51
Community Member

Can a team member please reach me with W-9 information, or post a reference to a global solution to this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Zohar

Hi Zohar,

Yes, our team will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Please send me a W9 as well.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mike,

One of our team members will reach out to you as soon as possible with the form and assist you further if it's needed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, 

I will also need a w9 for my company. Could you please reach out to me? Thanks. 

Hi Kevin,

One of our customer support agents will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with the form, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My company also needs a w-9 ASAP. Please contact me.

Thanks!

Hi Boyd,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you with your request.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

With so many people asking the same question, why can't UpWork provide a response that will address it in this forum? In the meantime, please contact me directly but this should not be so difficult. 

Hi Eran,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I'm looking for the w9 from Upwork for the money we have paid to Upwork as well. Please contact me via email. Thanks!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jan, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your request. 

~ Avery
Upwork
1c1139d3
Community Member

We need one as well

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Paul,

I've shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you shortly via support ticket and provide requested documents.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
9c23ba2b
Community Member

Please also send me Upwork's W9.

( how is there not just a W9 posted where we can download it?)

J

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jason, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your request. 

~ Avery
Upwork
a099f3ca
Community Member

I need to receive a W9 from Upwork for the work that my company has paid to Upwork for work done by free lancers.  We will need to send a 1099 form to Upwork for that amount for 2018 payments.  Please give this urgent attention, as 1099 forms are due by 01/31/19.

Hi Simone,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We'll contact you directly via a support ticket and further assist you with your request.

Edited:

Simone, please refer to this help article for more information on when Upwork is able to send tax forms. In this case we won't be able to do it.

~ Valeria
Upwork
809f047a
Community Member

Hello, my company also needs a W9. Please contact me also.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Riaan,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and provide the requested document, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ffb9b8d8
Community Member

Hi, My company also needs W9 from Upwork for the money we pay to Upwork.

Thanks

Matt

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Matt,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly and provide required documents, thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
106b8daf
Community Member

We also need a W-9.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Beth. One of our team members will reach out to you directly and provide the requested form.

~ Bojan
Upwork
106b8daf
Community Member

I haven't heard from anyone yet, and my accounting department still needs this. Please respond or email the item to me as soon as possible. Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Beth, 

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible. I apologize for the delay in receiving an update.

~ Bojan
Upwork
809f047a
Community Member

Hi, is there a timelinon when we will be contacted? Riaan
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Riaan,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello!

I will be needing a w9 as well to file my taxes. Can someone please get in contact with me?

Hi Jihan, 

I wanted to clarify if you were referring to Form 1099K instead of a W9? Please know that the Form 1099K is only sent out to eligible freelancers. You may read this help article here, and here for more information about reporting your income from Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork
809f047a
Community Member

Hi

We have still not been contacted re the W9. If someone does not sort this out, we won't be able to do business with Upwork.

This is my third request for a W9.

Riaan

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Matthew,

I'll escalate your request to correct team and one of our agents will address it as soon as possible. 

Riaan,

Our team has already provided requested information within this support ticket.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths