🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: My first 5 star rating
Page options
escobarsebasti58
Community Member

My first 5 star rating

So what I actually need a 5 star rating because I am applying to several Jobs and nobody is answering and is because of that "that I have 0 reviews". I already had one client I already worked with him once and he paid me, so I delayed a little bit in getting back to Upwork, since I was working on my own, but now I am fully here but I´m not able to land any work offers because of that, so I sent a message to him, but he is not answering me. I know he is a great client and speaks only the things he needs to be done, but I really need to speak to him since I am fully working as a freelancer in Upwork and I really need his 5 star rating. I don´t want to be to insistent in order to give a good customer experience.

Do you guys/girls have any advice for me or anything else I can do to earn that five star rating other than sending a message to him.

I would really appreciate any advice,

Kindly Regards.

Sebastian E.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Did you really send this...

Sebastian E wrote:

Good Morning ****, as you know I am fully working in Upwork , and I really need that 5 star rating from you , it would help me in my life a lot.

Once you've done the work and been paid, it's a done deal. 

On your new jobs, when the money's paid, reply thanking them and invite feedback. Don't put it like "I really need it". Use different wording. "It's been great working with you. When you have a few minutes, I'd appreciate your feedback."

If they do, great. If they don't, as... 

Martina P wrote:

You asked once, that is enough. If the client choses not to end the contract and leave feedback there is  nothing you can do. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Sebastian E wrote:

So what I actually need a 5 star rating because I am applying to several Jobs and nobody is answering and is because of that "that I have 0 reviews". I already had one client I already worked with him once and he paid me, so I delayed a little bit in getting back to Upwork, since I was working on my own, but now I am fully here but I´m not able to land any work offers because of that, so I sent a message to him, but he is not answering me. I know he is a great client and speaks only the things he needs to be done, but I really need to speak to him since I am fully working as a freelancer in Upwork and I really need his 5 star rating. I don´t want to be to insistent in order to give a good customer experience.

Do you guys/girls have any advice for me or anything else I can do to earn that five star rating other than sending a message to him.

I would really appreciate any advice,

Kindly Regards.

Sebastian E.

You always let the client end the contract so that he has to leave feedback. It sounds like you ended it yourself? It's ok to ask once for him to do that, but after that, leave him alone or risk him getting annoyed, and having feedback on 1 job is less important than you think. 

Clients have been telling you that they don't hire you because you have no feedback? I highly doubt that. A client that is not interested in working with you will hardly explain his actions to you. 

Well actually I have spoken with some employers from upwork also some employees and they all pointed the same indication, you gotta have that five star rating, so actually I already told him this: 

Good Morning ****, as you know I am fully working in Upwork , and I really need that 5 star rating from you , it would help me in my life a lot.

Is there any possible thing I can do, to earn that five star rating I really need from you?

But he is not replying at all, I did not know I could end it my self actually. 

Should I ask him to finish the contract anyways or should I wait like a week more and then keep trying.

Please help me, I would really appreciate your help since I dont know what to do? Or what action to take here. Since I really would like to speak to him at least to be able to see how to get that five star rating or if I already earned it according to him.

Regards.

Sebastian E wrote:

Well actually I have spoken with some employers from upwork also some employees and they all pointed the same indication, you gotta have that five star rating, so actually I already told him this: 

Is there any possible thing I can do, to earn that five star rating I really need from you?

But he is not replying at all, I did not know I could end it my self actually. 

Should I ask him to finish the contract anyways or should I wait like a week more and then keep trying.

Please help me, I would really appreciate your help since I dont know what to do? Or what action to take here. Since I really would like to speak to him at least to be able to see how to get that five star rating or if I already earned it according to him.

Regards.

You asked once, that is enough. If the client choses not to end the contract and leave feedback there is  nothing you can do. 

Did you really send this...

Sebastian E wrote:

Once you've done the work and been paid, it's a done deal. 

On your new jobs, when the money's paid, reply thanking them and invite feedback. Don't put it like "I really need it". Use different wording. "It's been great working with you. When you have a few minutes, I'd appreciate your feedback."

If they do, great. If they don't, as... 

Martina P wrote:

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths