🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: I see a notification of my dispute to ret...
Page options
f6abc6b3
Community Member

My freelancer declined my dispute and later admitted to agree refund in chats..

My freelancer declined my dispute and later admitted to agree refund in chats..
I still havent seen the money.. whats wrong???  I cant even see anything showing that a dispute is going on when i go to "Disputes"

3 REPLIES 3
f6abc6b3
Community Member

This is what i click when i try to see update of my dispute.. is upwork deliberately doing this so they can take my money and say i didnt reply??

Hi Baller,

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with this freelancer. I checked and can confirm a dispute was filed and our team will be processing it shortly. You'll receive an update from the team via email and will be able to see it under My Disputes once it's processed as well.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Baller B:
The most effective way to work as a client and save money is to decide that for you, there is no such thing as a "dispute" or "arbitration" or "refund."

Decide now that any money you spend on Upwork is permanently gone. There is no way to get it back. Making this decision helps clients focus their efforts effectively and safely.

Rather than sending money to an underperforming freelancer, the effective client monitors the work submitted by freelancers - especially early on. As soon as you recognize that any freelancer's work is under par, end the contract on that freelancer and assign the tasks to other team members.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths