🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: My main profile doesn't appear in search ...
Page options
gehad_feisal
Community Member

My main profile doesn't appear in search results

Hello,
I was searching about freelancers in my category and I've noticed that my main profile doesn't appear under my category. Only the expert profiles appear, although I didn't select speciality in my serch filter. Is there anyway to change that and make my main perofile appear by default?
10 REPLIES 10
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gehad,

When a client uses the search function to search for freelancers we will show them your most relevant profile. For example, if they specifically search for mobile app development and you have a specialized mobile app development profile, that profile will be shown in search results. There is no option to default your general profile for this purpose, but I'll be sure to share your feedback with our team. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks Bojan for your reply. The main problem I have is that my search was general and all the profiles of the other freelancers appeared were the main ones, so I want to know if there is a problem to fix.

I just want my profile to appear in all its details when the client searchs for translators in general.

It is a waste of time to search for yourself.

I want to know where I'm among my peers and if clients will find me. This is very important.

The same problem happened with my profile. I try to search by My name, there other person profile( similar to my name) show in my search but not see my profile. Is there any solution to see my profile by searching in the search box?

Hello Md Suman,

Our search algorithm takes a variety of factors into account while displaying the freelancer's profile. We encourage freelancers to have complete profiles and update with their latest work and relevant skills. Also, ensure your profile visibility is set to Public to be visible on our freelancer search.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Thank You

Your "algorithm" does not work. If I search by title and search for "Blockchain Developer", it shows me anyone from customer service, to mobile app development, yet not blockchain. It seems the algorithm doesn't take the searched text into account when suggesting freelancers.

You don't need to search for yourself.

You can't hire yourself.

I completely agree that the way Upwork search can be frustrating for people accustomed to other search tools and platforms. But my sincere recommendation is to just do the best you can to create an accurate, compelling profile page, and then just focus on a doing a good job on the projects you get hired for.

I think that tryng to test search results for yourself on Upwork or trying to do SEO stuff is a waste of time and doesn't lead to success or income.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths