🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » My new task is a violation of amazon policies...
Page options
944448e9
Community Member

My new task is a violation of amazon policies HELP!!

I do not see this as having been posted, but I accepted a contract to read and review an ARC of a cookbook (Advanced reader copy) 

I accepted the contract and downloaded the book and began the task of reading through it. Heres the problem. 
They paperwork I recieved from the client states that they will only accept 4 and 5 star reviews 

According to Amazon policies, I ^could^ review the book as an advance reader (as long as I mention that in my review) 

but to accept pay ($5 and a 5 star review here is hwat they have stated) AND to be required to submit only a four or five star review makes this a HUGE amazon violation. I am a long time amazon customer as well as a new indy author and I will not violate policies of someone I do business with.

So- How do I amicably get out of this contract with my upwork client?

Thanks for the help 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Annette,

Thank you for your message. I would like to clarify that we do not allow job posts that request paid reviews that violate other websites TOS. I will forward your report to the relevant team to review and take appropriate action on the flagged job. 

Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
944448e9
Community Member

Sorry for the typos, I did not proofread. Also I did try to get help via upwork chat, to no avail.

kjsimi91
Community Member

Would you honestly rate the book a 4 or 5 star if you weren't getting paid?

It's irrelevant because a paid review and a coerced review can get my account banned. It's a breach of policy. I was looking for a way to exit the contract, not a moral compass. But thank you for your input

PradeepH

Hi Annette,

Thank you for your message. I would like to clarify that we do not allow job posts that request paid reviews that violate other websites TOS. I will forward your report to the relevant team to review and take appropriate action on the flagged job. 

Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you very much. I appreciate the response. I did explain my reasoning to the client and ask them to close the contract and they did so without a word. I am sure they're not happy with me but I can't justify violating another company's TOS

Also, the client used a Google doc link for the job description. I have a copy but no longer have access to the link. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths