🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » My payment verification had been deactivated ...
Page options
ecbc5754
Community Member

My payment verification had been deactivated even though I did not use a fake name. Please help.

Hi,

I tried to setup a payment method in my freelancer account but my payment details details got rejected.

My name on my payment method account is my full legal name ("Mohammed Saad Shaikh") while my name on Upwork is what I have always used professionally and personally ("Saad Shaikh").

This is because everybody has always called me by my middle name Saad.

However, my payment verification had been deactivated and I got the message "

The beneficiary name is mismatched." even though any human reading it can verify that it is the same person.

Please help.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Saad,

Please keep in mind that your Upwork name needs to be your full legal name. To update your name go to Settings > Contact Info > and simply update your name. Once you've done this, please allow up to 3 days for your name change request to be reviewed. Once your name is updated your payment method should be verified as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

But professionally I have always used Saad. There should be a way to fix this. It is part of my legal name.

Hi Saad,

I would like to clarify that presenting misleading information on your profile is not allowed. Your Upwork name needs to be your full legal name in order to be able to verify your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths