🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: My paypal username and Upwork username is...
Page options
83d44caa
Community Member

My paypal username and Upwork username is the same but shows mismatch when I try to connect paypal.

Hello, my greetings to you.

I will be glad if someone helps me with my PayPal connection problem.

The username of my PayPal is**Edited for community guidelines**. If I translate it in English it will be

**Edited for community guidelines**

My upwork username is

**Edited for community guidelines**

But I can't add my PayPal account. what is wrong with my accounts? It shows mismatch.

Is this translation error?

Smiley Sad  I added the image.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Denis,

I checked and it looks like your name change request has already been approved. I also checked that you have not yet completed your W-8BEN form. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. To provide Upwork your W8BEN information, please follow the steps below:

• Go Settings  Tax Information
  • Provide us with your legal name and address
~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Denis,

I checked and it looks like your name change request has already been approved. I also checked that you have not yet completed your W-8BEN form. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. To provide Upwork your W8BEN information, please follow the steps below:

• Go Settings  Tax Information
  • Provide us with your legal name and address
~ Joanne
Upwork
83d44caa
Community Member

Thanks. I will chek my profile and complete the missing steps. Thanks Joanne.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths