🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » My picture on client's website
Page options
134df846
Community Member

My picture on client's website

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie here and got my first contract as a part time free lancer. The client is asking me to have my picture posted on his website. He claimed that he wants all of his contractor to be part if it.

How can I be protected if I agree to that and how can I secure myself that he will not be able to post my picture on other portal or platform without my consent for security reason?

Thank you for your assistance. Stay safe and healthy everyone.

GOD bless.

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: “How can I be protected if I agree to that?”

Protected from what?

Your picture is already on the internet.

You picture can be found here in the public Upwork Community Forum.

It is on social media.

If you don’t want him to post your photo on his website, just say no.

But I recommend you do what I do when clients ask me this question:

say yes.

He is paying you and he wants to recognize you as a member of the team. Having your photo on the “Team Members” page of his obscure website is not going make any difference.

But it’s your choice. If you don’t want him to post your photo on his site, then say no.

re: “how can I secure myself that he will not be able to post my picture on other portal or platform without my consent for security reason?”

You can’t. So what?

Why would your client post your photo all over the place?

If you were worried about your photo being online you would not be posting your photo on Upwork, which is the largest freelancing platform in the world, and which has a core purpose of publicizing you and your freelancing services to as many people as possible around the world.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths