cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: My profile is old i made my profile 3 years before in 2014

abdus sammad m Member Since: Dec 1, 2016
1 of 7

Please help me out , i complete my profile and every thing is upto date and i write excellent cover letters to , but i think some how i get ignored ,Do any buddy knows why any sigle responce or any reply "just a reply" is not come when i apply a job.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
2 of 7

Sorry "buddy" but you really shouldn't waste your precious time here. Upwork has no opportunities for people with your profile.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
3 of 7

Can you tell me why is that ? and i want online work , how can i get the online work from here

Community Guru
Nia G Member Since: May 3, 2016
BEST ANSWER
4 of 7

Your title does not explain what you do and, therefore, very few people will click on your profile. Your skills are kind of random or you don't show how they connect. You only sell soft skills and not results. Your profile is not truly client-focused. You mention "low cost," which actually sounds like "low quality" to clients. Your English (spelling, grammar and punctuation) could also use some work. For this, you might want to try Grammarly

These are things that you could fix with a lot of hard work. Also focus on the same things in your cover letters, if you really want to work here. 

5 of 7

Thank you Nia G. I feel glad that you point out my grammer mistakes , Can you tell me how to approch to a job and which skills are most demading here and what are the tactics you people apply and i am totally un aware of them off cource low cost i will correct that thing but i want to explore in detail what i need to improve and how to sell the serivicess here i mean present my self.

Community Guru
Nia G Member Since: May 3, 2016
6 of 7

You're welcome. You might want to check out freelancetowin.com. I strongly suggest signing up for the email hacks. There are a lot of good tips to help you present yourself well in your profile and cover letter (and also how to approach jobs). The main challenge for you, though, will be improving your English. 

As for your skills, I would suggest that you pick the one or two that you're best at and focus on those. At least at first. 

Like I said, it will be hard work. But, if you're willing to put in the work, you can have some measure of success here. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
7 of 7

@abdus sammad m wrote:

Thank you Nia G. I feel glad that you point out my grammer mistakes , Can you tell me how to approch to a job and which skills are most demading here and what are the tactics you people apply and i am totally un aware of them off cource low cost i will correct that thing but i want to explore in detail what i need to improve and how to sell the serivicess here i mean present my self.

I would take out that entire beginning paragraph. That, IMO does not make you any different then the thousands of other freelancers. What makes you different is your skills, How are your skills and expertise different from the other freelancer here. What can you do for a client that will set you apart from others?

You don't look for jobs with skills that are most in demand, especially if YOU don't have those skills. You look for jobs that fall within your area of expertise and experience.

In the beginning, concentrate on just one skill set, such as any jobs dealing with finance or whatever skills you're stronger on. (using quickbooks, accounts receivable/payable, financial anaylisis and so on.) Once you've completed a few jobs then you can expand on your skills and look for other jobs.

As for asking what tactics we use in our proposals, all you'll get is the advice of tayloring your cover letter to the requirements of the job.

Finally, I wouild remove the items you have in your portfolio. They have nothing to do with your skills (at least Ididn't see any skills or experience related to Facebook covers.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS