🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » My response rate hasnt been great- am i missi...
Page options
a_stronge
Community Member

My response rate hasnt been great- am i missing something on my profile?

Hi all,

I have been submitting proposals and not getting muhc of a response. I have tried a few different techniques with my proposals and working to imprvoing them, however, I just wanted to throw my profile out there and see if I am making any obvious or glaring missteps that I should resolve.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Ash

4 REPLIES 4
a_stronge
Community Member

I have been withdrawing proposals after 20 days if I do not get a response.

Is there any advantage to doing this? Should i instead just leave them open until they expire?

Ash

Once you submit a proposal Ash S forget about it and move on to submitting proposals on other clients' projects unless the client comes back to you.

There is no reason to follow up or track any of your proposals in any way.

NikolaS

Hi Ash,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been getting response to your proposals. Submitting proposals doesn't always guarantee that you will get hired or interviewed, but you shouldn't give up on sending proposals to potential clients. When you apply for jobs, make sure your proposal is well written and that you're absolutely qualified and certain of your ability to complete the job you're applying for.

You may want to check these great webinars to help you optimize your Upwork Profile for maximum exposure and drastically increases your chances of winning the best projects:

You can visit our events and webinar page to register for upcoming events or watch recordings of past events. Additionally, you may check these great topics in our Resource Corner to help you create proposals that win jobs:

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
abinadab-agbo
Community Member

Ash S wrote:

Hi all,

I have been submitting proposals and not getting muhc of a response. I have tried a few different techniques with my proposals and working to imprvoing them, however, I just wanted to throw my profile out there and see if I am making any obvious or glaring missteps that I should resolve.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Ash

Did you know that some clients prolong their jobs beyond the standard 30 days.

By withdrawing you forgo the chance to be hired when they eventually come around.

You also forgo the free connects you're eligible for with every interview.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths