🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: My upwork username shows it's incorrect!!
Page options
mayurpaghdal1
Community Member

My upwork username shows it's incorrect!!

Hello there,

I've been using up work rwgularly since months. But last time (yesterday) i saw that I'm just unable to login.

My contracts got ended byself and I've just got mails from upwork that I've ended them.

In fact, i didn't do anything like this.

This is just frustrating for me that in coming days, i was about to get payments from clients and also was thinking to have an agency account.

I would willingfully provide the username & email once someone from the upwork contacts. (as i cant post it here).

when i try to signup with this email address, it just accepts it but if i enter the same username i had with this account, it says the username already exists.

i had to create this account just to post this, and i have no plans to use this account regularly, just resolve my issue.
What should I do now? Please help me ASAP as there's a lot good going on with my profile.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Mayur,

Your account is reopened and you can log in at any time. Our team will also close your second account as having more than one is not allowed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

41 REPLIES 41
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mayur, 

I checked your account and it looks like you are posting from a new account, and you are referring to a different account. Could you please confirm if you have another account on Upwork? 

As a gentle reminder, please know that users are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork. Please let us know, so that our team can continue to assist you. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

Thanks for quick reply.

Yes i had to create this new account just to talk with upwork. My original account is not accessible anyhow and i didnt even get any email from upwork why it's behaving like this.

Original Account is:**edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks.

Hi Mayur, 

It looks like you may have closed your account by mistake. Kindly confirm if you would like us to reinstate your account for you and our team will assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi there,

I didn't closed my account as i heard about my account is closed when my employer told me.

Kindly Reinstate it asap with needful procedure.

Thanks very much.

Hi Mayur,

Your account is reopened and you can log in at any time. Our team will also close your second account as having more than one is not allowed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello there,

Thanks for the quick resolution...

Yes, please remove this account.

Thanks.

my account also is not working - can someone please help me.  I have so much information in my message boards that i need.  And I would like to post a newe job

Hello there,

I've been using up work**Edited for community guidelines**since months. But last time (today) i saw that I'm just unable to login.

[username shows it's incorrect!!]

This is just frustrating for me that in coming days, i was about to get payments from clients and also was thinking to have an agency account.

I would willingfully provide the username & email once someone from the upwork contacts. (as i cant post it here).
when i try to signup with this email address, it just accepts it but if i enter the same username i had with this account, it says the username already exists.
i had to create this account just to post this, and i have no plans to use this account regularly, just resolve my issue.
What should I do now? Please help me ASAP as there's a lot good going on with my profile.

Hi Artem,

I checked and it looks like our team has already reached out to you about your account status. Please check the email they sent to the email address associated with your Upwork account so that they can assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

thank you for your help.
I already confirm my email in my Gmail account.
But I can't understand it.

in here..

https://support.upwork.com/hc/requests/31769347

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

----
How to solve this problem?
thank you.

Hi Artem,

Please allow more time for the team to carefully review your case and follow up on your support ticket. You'll be notified about their response.

I would like to note that having multiple accounts is a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service. Kindly close your newly created account in order not to violate TOS.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you for your help.
I had to create this account just to post this, and i have no plans to use this account regularly, just resolve my issue.
Do you send me respone to where? and when?
when I use my account?
thank you.

Hi Artem,

The team will continue assisting you on the support ticket you shared in your previous post. If you can't access the ticket, an email copy is being sent as well so you can continue communicating with our team from there.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Would you mind if I asked another question?
When I open an account, will all my information be deleted?
In particular, feedback, money in account.
my email is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Artem,

All of that stays on the account that it's connected to. You're not allowed to create a new account in order to comply with the Terms of Service.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi there, could someone help me with my husband's account? He can't post here because he cant access his account by email and username. So he asked me to post here. We've reached your social media accounts to ask for help but no reply from you. He have to work today but he can't log in to his upwork. Please help. Thank you

Hello there Sir! Could you please help me with my husband's account? He cant post here because he cant access his account using his email and username. And he dont want to violate your TOS if he's going to make another upwork account. thats why he asked me to post here. He has to work today. We need your help!Thanks

Hi Jessa,

Your husband can reach out to our team directly via one of our social media channels and our team will assist him further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the exact same issue 

It says username incorrect and when I make an account with the same username it says the account already exist. 

It is really disturbing as I keep trying again and again and it shows error please help.

Thank you.

Hi there, 

I checked and it looks like you were able to log into your account. Could you please let us know if you need further assistance? 

~ Nikola
Upwork

I have the exact same issue as above mentioned. 

I did not close my account but It got closed 

kindly help because I have been contacting upwork forums but received no positive response.

The upwork email which is closed is :**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi there, 

I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Goran, 

I am having the same problem with my account. I created an account and tried to login and it said that the username was incorrect so I created this account to report the problem.

Hi Curt,

Can you please click on my name and send me a PM with the registered email address of the account in question? I'd be happy to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
117a2df0
Community Member

I can’t login to my account, whenever I try, it shows username incorrect. I have created this account to reach you here. My email is for the account is **Edited for Community Guidelines**
I have emailed to your support team this morning, but I think they have instead of keeping my account safe, they have suspended or closed my account. I need my account opened ASAP please.

Hi Abu,

I already followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update via email very soon. Please allow time for our team to carefully review your account and respond accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello Aleksandar,

Like Abu, I made this account so I could contact you guys. I haven't logged in for a couple of years & I forgot my username. I just logged in with my email address a couple of days ago. Though a warning in yellow font about my email never been registered or something pops up but I was still able to log in successfully so I never really given it much thought. Yesterday was different story & now I couldn't get into my old account.

Please help & thanks in advance.

- Carlos

Hi Carlos,

Please note that due to our Community settings, new users will need to wait up to 2 hours in order to have the option to send private messages. After your Community rank updates from 'New Forum Member' to 'Active Member', please send me a private message with the email address of your account so that I can check and assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello Aleksandar,

Thanks to you & your team I'm able to use my account again.

Cheer,

Carlos

Hi, I was just trying to log in to my Upwork account that I have since 2015, but did not remember my password and then I got an email telling that "An unknown device or browser has been used to access your account" but it was me trying to log in to my account, my email address on that account is **Edited for Community Guidelines**, but then when I tried to log in again it told me that my user name or email address were not valid, so I created a new account with the same email address, but what I need is my old account that I have already set up previously. Can you please help me with this, it is really urgent.

I created this new account just to be able to write you, I really need urgently my previous Upwork account

Hi Paublo,

Let me ask one of our support agents reach out to you directly via a support ticket to explain the situation and further assist. You'll receive an email notification with their message shortly and they'll work with you to resolve the issue. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

I also just created my account just to contact you.  My user name is saying it is incorrect.  I just created a new account with the same username.  Please help

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stacy,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you need help with? I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I'm also suffering from the same issue. When I input my email  **Edited for Community Guidelines** to log in I see the error message about incorrect username. I didn't log in for some years, so that maybe that's the reason.
Please, help me!

P.S. I've just created this account to reach out you here

I have an update: I managed to remember my username and seems I had changed email in my account, but I don't remember what was it...Smiley Frustrated In the email box that I mentioned above the last mail from upwork was about changing email in my account (I can provide the date if needed). Hope it was me changing the account email, but not someone else
Waiting for your help very much

Hi Vladimir,

I have shared your concern with the team and one of our agents will be reaching out to you via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi,

Yeah, they reached out me and I'm describing details of my case.

Thank you for providing such fast and professional support, I appreciate it!

Thank you very much.
I should have meetings with many customers on my account in Upwork today.
So I hope you solve it as soon as possible.
you are really  good man.
Regard!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths