🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: My very first client on this site bad mou...
Page options
p_piekutowski
Community Member

My very first client on this site bad mouthed me and ruined the whole site for me forever

My very first client on this site bad mouthed me and ruined the whole site for me forever.

Please tell me how to disable my account?

5 REPLIES 5
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Patti, 

I'm sorry to learn about your experience with this client. I checked the job, and the feedback you are referring to, and I can see that the client gave you very good feedback for this project.

Your Job Success Score is 93, and you have a ton of great portfolio and stellar feedback from your other clients. I'm very sure that you will be able to land projects with your skills and experience, so I hope that you would reconsider closing your account. 

Your Job Success Score's calculation is based on your six-, 12- and 24-month history in the marketplace. The best score out of these moving time windows is displayed on your profile and updated about every two weeks. It also includes multiple factors such as public and private feedback, long-term relationships, contracts without feedback if they represent a significant portion of your overall contracts, etc. Our team will not be able to advise regarding which contracts exactly affected your Job Success score, but we recommend that you read up on this help article for more information on how your score is calculated, and this article for more information on what factors affect your score. 

If you need further help, please don't hesitate to update the support ticket that is being handled by the team. 

~ Avery
Upwork
a_lipsey
Community Member

His very first job and he has a JSS? 

petra_r
Community Member

Amanda L wrote:

There were more clients after "the very first" one...

a_lipsey
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Amanda L wrote:

But why is he complaining now about his first client if he's had other clients and has a JSS of over 90%?

petra_r
Community Member

Amanda L wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Amanda L wrote:

But why is he complaining now about his first client if he's had other clients and has a JSS of over 90%?

Heaven only (and the OP) knows 😉

Maybe the "badmouthing" didn't happen in feedback, but elsewhere. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths