🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » NEED TO CLOSE ACCOUNT TO OPEN SECOND ONE
Page options
theking08
Community Member

NEED TO CLOSE ACCOUNT TO OPEN SECOND ONE

Hello.I am a new freelancer and therefore I make mistakes. The email this account was made on got hacked and therefore I dont know when I will lose the access to my account.Therefore, I went on and created another account after closing all my proposals and active discussion and dropped down the samd escription and some other changes on my second account. Now I am trying to close this one so that my other one will get accepted but it keeps saying I still have proposals active, which I do not. I am asking for help and guidance. I want to close this account and let that one be activated, and it seems impossible to me.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Stefan,

You can update the email linked to your Upwork account anytime by going to Settings> Contact Information. If you believe your email has been compromised, please go ahead and do it right away as well as change your Upwork password. It's against Upwork ToS for you to create a new account, so please refrain from doing that.

Additionally, please refer to this help article for more information about eligibility requirements for working on Upwork. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
colettelewis
Community Member

Cosmin,

I have flagged your post to get the attention of a moderator. You have violated one of Upwork's strictest rules by creating another account. Upwork is quite understanding, but if you don't want to be permanently suspended, you MUST contact customer support and get them to help you.

You also appear to be under 18?

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Stefan,

You can update the email linked to your Upwork account anytime by going to Settings> Contact Information. If you believe your email has been compromised, please go ahead and do it right away as well as change your Upwork password. It's against Upwork ToS for you to create a new account, so please refrain from doing that.

Additionally, please refer to this help article for more information about eligibility requirements for working on Upwork. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths