🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » NEW ON UPWORK AND I NEED TO GET STARTED AND G...
Page options
1735d3d7
Community Member

NEW ON UPWORK AND I NEED TO GET STARTED AND GET CLIENTS

Hello Community,

I am new to Upwork and I need help to get started and get clients.

What should I do?

My profile is https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0143883bee6890e95e

Which modifications should I make?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
shohel121
Community Member

Hi Mark,

I have just seen your profile and I feel there are a few ways to improve it. As a new freelancer, you should have a really professional profile. I would like to suggest the following:

• Your title on the profile looks good. But there's scope to craft your profile title more professionally with an appealing tone.
  • Write the overview detailing your skills and describing how can you help the clients' projects with your skillset. This is a place where you have the opportunity to present yourself well.  Avoid grammatical mistakes!
  • Add some more relevant portfolios of your work.

And,

• Apply to the jobs that match your skills only.
  • Highlight your efficiency in the cover letter based on the job description. (Read the job post more than once and write your cover letter satisfying the requirements mentioned.)

Best of luck!

Shohel
aeed9076
Community Member

Adding to what @AHS SHOHEL A has said, Put up a professional looking Photo. This may not matter, but why just MARK B? Why not your full names. You want clients to trust you right?

Mbeng Tambekong J wrote:

Adding to what @AHS SHOHEL A has said, Put up a professional looking Photo. This may not matter, but why just MARK B? Why not your full names. You want clients to trust you right?

Because upwork is set up to only display the first letter of the last name. 

1735d3d7
Community Member

Hello,

I have been on Upwork for sometime now and I have not managed to get hired. What can I do to get hired?

Can someone here help me out?

If you want to get work as a writer, you need more than just one portfolio piece. For presentation design, you also need a good portfolio in order to be considered. If you want to get work as a proofreader, you need to be 100% accurate, whereas your profile overview contains several mistakes. My advice would be to focus on research and not apply to any writing, tutoring, proofreading or design jobs.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths