🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Name Change
Page options
tanim-ahsan
Community Member

Name Change

Hi there!

I'm new here in Upwork. I have opened my account using the name "Ahsan Tanim" whereas my name in the NID and other official paper is "Md Ahshanul Karim." Actually, I use the short name "Ahsan Tanim" in my FB, skype, and other social media accounts. Because "Tanim" is my nickname and by using the nickname my nearest persons will get and recognize me easily.

However, I was unaware that I should use the same name as my ID card and bank account here. Otherwise, I'll not be able to set my bank account and other payment methods.

I have attached my NID and Bank Statement in proof of my name and address. I believe it will help to verify my ID.

Can you help me to change the name, please?

Kind Regards,

Ahsan

**Edited for community guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Bojan!

Thank you for your support.

Yes, one of your agents reached me via email with a support ticket. I'm following her instructions.

Kind Regards,

Ahsan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ahsan,

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your name needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. 

Please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile name.

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your name change request.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan!

Thank you for your support.

Yes, one of your agents reached me via email with a support ticket. I'm following her instructions.

Kind Regards,

Ahsan

Hello Bojan, 

I have also updated my last name.  How do I go about submitting a trouble ticket if needed?  How do I send over updated Government issued ID to reflect the change or is it necessary?  Do let me know, greatly appreciate it!

Johanna **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Johanna,

I checked your account and it looks like your name change request has already been approved. Let us know if you need further help, thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths