🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Name Change
Page options
krican
Community Member

Name Change

Hello all!

I have researched this and have noticed a few answers that did not solve my issue.  I previously had two accounts - I thought one (Account #1) had been deactivated due to inactivity and I had recently married so I created a second account with my new married name (Account #2).  I was asked to get verified on Account #2 and did so.  After a few months, I received an invite to interview for Account #1 with my old name via email.  I realized my account hadn't been deactivated and accepted the invite to interview (and am currently in the interview process).  I deleted my verified Account #2 and have been requesting a name change on Account #1 which keeps getting declined (I assume because of Account #2?).  If I get hired for this job I will not be able to setup my payment because my Account #1 still has my old name so it will not match my bank account.  

Does anyone have any advice on how to get my name updated?!  I would hate to have to create a new account altogether and would be confusing for the company I'm working with as well.  Thoughts? 

Thank you in advance!  

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kristin,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with a username and email address of your second account. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Good luck.  You can only have one account ever according to the TOS.

purplepony
Community Member

Kristin, to your credit you researched your question prior to asking it here. Why didn't you research; rather than assuming, prior to creating a second account? Now you're thinking about creating a third account?

Under the circumstances of the name change it may be of assistance for you PM a Moderator with the facts and your questions regarding this situation. They may be able to help. It appears that Vladimir G. and Aleksandar D. are currently working.   

Great points! And I have no excuses. I will reach out to moderators. Thank you for your feedback!

You'll get there.

A long time ago, when I first became a client in addition to a freelancer, I misunderstood a Customer Service rep's instructions and I created a second account. Upwork Customer Service worked with me to remove that so that I had everything consolidated under one account.

In the Forum we read regularly about Customer Service helping freelancers do this. They are happy to help Upwork users who aren't trying to be sneaky and get away with anything, but simply made a mistake.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kristin,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with a username and email address of your second account. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
krican
Community Member

Bojan - 

Thank you so very much!  I appreciate all that you have done.

Regards - 

Kristin

cpitts88
Community Member

I have tried to change my profile and account name so they both say Christopher but right now my profile says Christoper and my account says Christopher. I tried to change the name and it looks like it didnt change my profile name  yet or maybe it never will change I don't know. Please help!

Hi Christopher,

I checked your account, and it looks like your request to change your name to "Christopher" has already been approved. Please try to check again using a different browser or clear your cache and cookies. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,
I also have an issue somehow like this if you please assist me too. My name on my national ID is Muhammad Waqas" and that on upwork profile is "Waqar Ali". My own payoneer account was blocked due to some problem and I didn't have any account in my local bank so I linked the payoneer of my causin to my upwork because I didn't know about the policy in this regard, during the attachment process upwork asked to verify the ID and upload a picture of ID card so I thought they were asking about the ID of the owner of the payoneer (totally misunderstood) so I uploaded the ID of my causin whose name is "Muhammad Tufail". Now the verified name of my profile is "Muhammad Tufail".
I want to verify my account by my own name and ID to be able to attach my bank account or payoneer. I tried to contact upwork support but they are taking a lot time in getting back to me.
Kindly look into this matter and help me so I could work and withdraw without any worries.

Hi Waqar,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hai,

Please help me to change my name

i will PM my Email and Username!

Please help me!,

Thanks

Hi Agus,

I followed up with the team and your name change was already approved. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you, i really appreciate it 🙂

venkatpalla
Community Member

Hello Team,

I wanted to change my display in upwork and it was created long back incorrectly . i have all all my ID proof to change .

Please help me on this

Hi Venkat,

To submit a name change request please go to Settings > Contact Info > update your name. Once your request is submitted our team will review it and reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi
I want change my Name like in my papers.
Thank you

Hi Tarek,

Thank you for reaching out to us. To submit a name change request please go to Settings > Contact Info > update your name. Once your request is submitted our team will review it and reach out to you with the results.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths