🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Name change not accepted
Page options
magianinareal
Community Member

Name change not accepted

Hi, I set my profile and used a preferred name not realizing I would have issues with adding the payment method. I requested the name change yesterday to my legal name but today, it got rejected without any specific reasons at all. I need help.

7 REPLIES 7
opsogreen1
Community Member

Jai G wrote:

Hi, I set my profile and used a preferred name not realizing I would have issues with adding the payment method. I requested the name change yesterday to my legal name but today, it got rejected without any specific reasons at all. I need help.

Hi Jai,

For this case, you must contact the support team. Here is the direct link to contact with them: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?utm_source=ada&utm_medium=bot&utm_campaign=handoff

Hope this help.

Thanks

Thank you Imran. I’m about to contact them.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jai, 

I'll go ahead and check this with the team and get back to you once I have more information about your name-change request. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you Avery. I really appreciate your concern and I look forward to my concern’s resolution.

Hi Jai, 

I'm sorry if I was unable to update you here. I can see that on the same day, you were able to get clarification on your concern. If you still want to update your name, let us know so that our team can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
lgmi4
Community Member

I just ran into the exact same problem. We're you able to get it resolved easily?
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lucy, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your name-change request.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths