🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Name
Page options
jjeanette120
Community Member

Name

I requested a change of name for my profile, since I use a pen name as an author, but then I decided that since my clients will see my real name anyway, i rather have my legal name in my profile as I had previously to my request. How can I change it back? I haven't submitted my ID yet, which will not match my profile name as is right now.

5 REPLIES 5
LuiggiR

Hi Jeanette,

You may go ahead and update your name before submitting your ID for verification. You can learn more about name changes here as well.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I changed it back in settings and is pending review. When and how do I send my ID?

Hi Jeanette,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification process in the future. Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

I changed it back in settings and is pending review. When and how do I send my ID?

Hi Jeanette,

I checked and there are no pending verifications. Could you please send us the screenshot from your end so that we can check? Are you referring to the W9 form on your Tax information page?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths