🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Names don't match - bank account name and...
Page options
manaalgailani
Community Member

Names don't match - bank account name and account name

The bank account is a company bank account with the company name. However, the company is under my father's name. I can provide the necessary documents to show that the company is under my father's name. 

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Manaal,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

When setting up payment method, I received a prompt "Payment method verification in progress- Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.", please note the different naming convention used in Asia where usually the Last name is put first, please help to verify, thank you.

Hi Jolene,

I checked and it seems that your name change was already approved and that you should be all set. 

Please note that in order to withdraw earnings, you need to complete the W8BEN Foreign Status Certification. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. For more information, please check this help article. Feel free to follow up if you have further questions.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths