🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Names with apostrophes displayed incorrec...
Page options
snobrien
Community Member

Names with apostrophes displayed incorrectly

my name is Sean O'Brien. The name field says that I can include apostrophes in the field. My profile displays my name as "Sean O'Brien"

5 REPLIES 5
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sean,

I'm sorry for the frustration this is causing you. I'll share your feedback with the team but please note that, unfortunately, the update that would enable the option to use apostrophes in the profile name isn't currently on our immediate roadmap. Please consider omitting the apostrophe in the meantime in order for your name to appear without the random symbols and numbers. Thank you for your understanding, feel free to follow up if you have any questions or need assistance.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I understand, please update your instructions to exclude apostrophes from
the listed compatible characters.

Regards,
Sean

my account is now on hold and I have a customer requesting an interview for about 12 hours and I haven't been able to get it fixed, no response from anyone at upwork. It also says I need to upload my ID, which I have done 3 times in the past, but this time i have uploaded my ID 10 different images and it still fails to recognize my ID. I need someone to help me because it says it is not a JPG, at least 200 DPI and between 30kb and 20mb but it is 5mb, it is a JPG and it is an extremely clear image. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sean,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
snobrien
Community Member

I missed out on the opportunity to provide a proposal in a reasonable timeframe. I could not submit a proposal because my account was put on hold for verification; the automated verification could not be completed because my photo ID did not match "Sean O'Brien"; and the name modification took 48 hours to complete, at which point I could start to attempt the ID verification process again, all the mean while my customer is interviewing other cantidates. Really disappointed in the ability to contact a human in service. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths