Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Native tounge to English

Ace Contributor
Jerry A Member Since: Mar 6, 2017
1 of 22

Good monrning, 

My name is Jerry Alden and I have decided to start taking classes on how to have a native tounge in business working for upwork. I thought being a part of this community that I would do well however my first assignment the contractors that contracted me said my articles made no sense. I spent several hours on all 7 documents to find that I wasted a lot of my time. So if I could please get a assistant of some sort to help me with this issue that would be wonderfu. 

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
2 of 22

Methink you are eligible for ID verification, "Jerry Alden, USA".

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Ace Contributor
Jerry A Member Since: Mar 6, 2017
3 of 22

Greetings, 

What do you mean that the cake is a lie? I am really confused by that statement. I am just curious on how to start making good deals with these contractors? That way  I can be able to start making residual income from my household. 

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 22

Jerry:

Rene has a footer that is automatically appended to all of his messages. That's the quote about the cake.

Why does he have that? I don't know. You would have to ask him. But it has nothing to do with you.

It is automatically stuck on the end of all of his posts. He didn't write that out for you.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 22

Jerry:

As far as your main question:

I think you just need to hire more people.

You should hire translators. You should hire virtual assistants. But most importantly, you should hire business consultants.

You should post job postings on Upwork stating that you want to hire business consultants and you need to be VERY SPECIFIC about what language they should speak. Specify that they should be native speakers of the same language that you are a native speaker of. (I don't know what that is.)

That way you can talk to them freely and easily and you can explain to them what your goals are, and they can help you formulate a plan for accomplishing your goals.

Don't talk to only one person. Hire at least three people, and talk to each of them for at least 30 minutes to an hour. Then choose a person who you feel is the most helpful to you, and work with that person a little more. Pay them to work with you enough until they help you get your footing here and help you to figure out an effective strategy.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
6 of 22

Preston, maybe it's me, but I think that "Jerry" intends to work as a freelancer on Upwork, not to hire. What I understood from his message is that he somehow did a job. It seems that he's confusing contractors with clients.

But I may be completely wrong and you may be right. Please "Jerry", clarify this point for us.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
7 of 22

Indents paragraphs is so 1950s. Like the 70s stache some people sport all the time cuz I guess they haven't gotten the memo

"Jerry" LOL the business executive that thinks $20/hour is a lot. It's like shooting fish in a barrel, don't you think "Jerry?" LOL

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
8 of 22

His profile does say his English level is converstational. When did conversational become a euphemism for broken, anyway? Example:  I am will also to learn new career tuition since i deal with the public on a daily basis

Cat Tongue

9 of 22

Hello good sir, 

Yea you are exactly right. Currently I'm trying to become a freelancer again like I was when writing documents in colleague. It meant a lot to me being able to write about a subject and make it highlighted for viewers to view. That is why when the English man came back and said my documents were not comprehensible I have now become self conciseness, but I will bounce back. I just need to remain persistent. 

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
10 of 22

Hi Jerry, 

As you are new to the platform, I would recommend that you read this thread by Vladimir - Getting Started on Upwork, to be able to read up on tips, from users and the team on how to become a  successful freelancer on the platform. Please also make sure to read up on the Safety First section to know how you can be safe while looking for jobs and working on the platform. 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS