Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Native tounge to English

Ace Contributor
Jerry A Member Since: Mar 6, 2017
11 of 22

Hello good sir, 

Thanks for your feedback and yes transparency is very important to know when dealing with a new line of work. I have been away from freelancing for a while now so it will take some time to getting use to again. The scamming comment was very hard to understand considering that I thought I carried out an assignment correctly, however I am willing to learn from a mistake if someone is able to lead me into a more transparent way for me to understand the literature that I am reading because I feel like I will do well once I understand this website for opportunity. Thanks again for your feedback, and not being vindictive or condescending in your scripture of wording. 

Respectively Jerry Alden 

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
12 of 22

kiMM44qij.png

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
13 of 22

Rene:

The original poster said that he worked with 7 different contrators, and he said he wanted the help of an assistant. So these are things that make him seem like a client who is trying to start a business or work on a project.

But, yeah, you are probably right... What happened is that the orginal poster probably used the English language in such an awkward and unexpected way that he conveyed ideas that are opposite to his intended meaning.

Which is an interesting feat for somebody who apparently wants to go into the translation business.

I'm sure that there are some people who read this thread and read the profile page of the original poster and think to themselves: This profile is a complete fabrication, a totally false identity, created by a person who has no business trying to work on this platform.

To those people I would say: Your viewpoint may be reasonable and logical, but I still think you're being rational.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
14 of 22

@Preston H wrote:

Rene:

The original poster said that he worked with 7 different contrators, and he said he wanted the help of an assistant. So these are things that make him seem like a client who is trying to start a business or work on a project.

He said he worked with 7 different contractors that "contracted" him and he spent 7 hours on all 7 articles, which I guess lucky number 7 it is for today.

Sounds like "Jerry" got caught up with a farmer and it's kinda funny if they tried to scam the scammer LOL

Community Guru
15 of 22

LOL Oh wait maybe he meant "contacted me." HAHA See, this is why words are important. Take note ESLs.

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
16 of 22

There are also these freelancers who sign up as clients, and vice versa. Maybe in the signup form, there needs to be a tooltip/description:

freelancer (I am looking for work)

client (I want to hire someone)

17 of 22

@Jennifer M wrote:

LOL Oh wait maybe he meant "contacted me." HAHA See, this is why words are important. Take note ESLs.

Note taken.

The resident ESL.

-----------
Community Guru
18 of 22

Would you feel violated if I kudo'd you?

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
19 of 22

@Jennifer M wrote:

Would you feel violated if I kudo'd you?

Que? No habla ingles Sir...

-----------
Ace Contributor
Jerry A Member Since: Mar 6, 2017
20 of 22

Hello good sir, 

I'm just trying to figure out this website to make residual income so maybe you can help me because I'm confused how this website works. So if you could give me some tips that would be great. Thanks and I hope you have a excelleant night. 

Sincerly Jerry Alden 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS