🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Need Advice about Tests
Page options
brian-conner
Community Member

Need Advice about Tests

One of the gurus in Community recently recommended that I add some more tests to my Profile, and I have begun doing that. But I need advice as to which tests would add real value to my Profile and might help me land some jobs on Upwork.

My Skills are:

Article & Blog Writing

Editing & Proofreading

Creative Writing

Web Content

Other - Writing

The tests I have taken so far are:

Upwork Readiness Test

U.S. English Proofreading Skills Test (AP Style)

English Spelling Test (U.S. Version)

Suggestions, please?

Brian Conner

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Brian C wrote:

One of the gurus in Community recently recommended that I add some more tests to my Profile, and I have begun doing that. But I need advice as to which tests would add real value to my Profile and might help me land some jobs on Upwork.

I would not bother.

Due to some test Upwork is running, a percentage of Clients (which could be anywhere between many and all) can not even see your tests. Until the test is over and Upwork have decided whether to even show test results, I would say taking any (unless you are bored) may be a waste of time.

For what it's worth, I do not see any tests on any freelancer profile from my client account.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Brian C wrote:

I would not bother.

Due to some test Upwork is running, a percentage of Clients (which could be anywhere between many and all) can not even see your tests. Until the test is over and Upwork have decided whether to even show test results, I would say taking any (unless you are bored) may be a waste of time.

For what it's worth, I do not see any tests on any freelancer profile from my client account.

Thank you, Petra. I never expected that answer, but I'm glad to read it.I will follow your advice.

Do you think we will see a notice from Upwork when the test is completed?

Brian Conner

Petra R wrote:

Brian C wrote:

I would not bother.

That is so weird. Do you know the rationale behind hiding test results?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths