cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice

Jennifer D Member Since: Mar 4, 2017
1 of 13

I got a blocked zipper folder for "data entry" when i opened it my computer shut down. Its working fine but i dont know if i should report this.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
2 of 13

@Jennifer D wrote:

thankfully no virus entered my computer.

Really? How would you know? And I don't actually think you got any viruses. But what is almost sure is that now, a keylogger is running in background, sending all your keystrokes to a Russian server that collects your login information to all the websites that you are using.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
3 of 13

@Rene K wrote:

@Jennifer D wrote:

thankfully no virus entered my computer.

Really? How would you know? And I don't actually think you got any viruses. But what is almost sure is that now, a keylogger is running in background, sending all your keystrokes to a Russian server that collects your login information to all the websites that you are using.

Did something get zapped? I don't see any message with "thankfully no virus entered my computer"

I only see a "happy" sign as the heading to this message (why are people too lazy to write out a full question?)

Could someone please tell me without resorting to hierogylphics what this thread is about?

4 of 13

Hi Nichola.

That was me. I´m sorry. I erased the full question because my grammar was horrible.

I got a locked zipper file to do "data entry" when i opened it my computer shut down. 

My computer is working fine, but i did not know if i should report it or not.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
5 of 13

@Jennifer D wrote:

Hi Nichola.

That was me. I´m sorry. I erased the full question because my grammar was horrible.

I got a locked zipper file to do "data entry" when i opened it my computer shut down. 

My computer is working fine, but i did not know if i should report it or not.

Oooh OK! Definitely report it (if you can), and you had better run a virus check your computer. Opening a ticket these days with CS is a long and sometimes unrewarding process as I have recently discovered. So I hope a mod will eventually check out this data entry job.

6 of 13

Yes. I got four of the same messages with the same files. Scary..

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
7 of 13

And off topic, your profile reads: English-Spanish, Spanish-English Translator, which is not accurate. Your profile and your posts here in the community clearly indicate that you cannot translate from Spanish into English. 

And there is a mistake on your profile: English: Native or Bilingual

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
This widget could not be displayed.
8 of 13
This widget could not be displayed.

@Rene K wrote:

And off topic, your profile reads: English-Spanish, Spanish-English Translator, which is not accurate. Your profile and your posts here in the community clearly indicate that you cannot translate from Spanish into English. 

And there is a mistake on your profile: English: Native or Bilingual

Anyway, a rising talent!

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
9 of 13

Well she's a rising talent with a keylogger now.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
10 of 13

Jennifer,

We'll have the jobs you are referring to reviewed as soon as possible and actions taken. Please, remove the software you downloaded from your computer and run a reliable antivirus. Check out this post for more information on how to avoid questionable jobs.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS