cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need clarity about work apps in Basic membership

Tovari E Member Since: May 8, 2017
1 of 2

Hello. I need a specific clear answer to my questionable circumstances. I am a brand new verified freelancer in Upwork, with Basic membership. I am a native USA citizen currently living and working in Philippines. My Upwork membership is properly for USA address, etc., but physically I and computer are in Philippines. I am told by Upwork work search that I can apply only for jobs for freelancers located in USA. Does this mean I cannot apply for jobs? Or what must I do in my situation to be able to apply for USA based jobs while I am overseas? In searching I cannot find a clear answer for me or a help phone # to call.  

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 2

@Tovari E wrote:

Hello. I need a specific clear answer to my questionable circumstances. I am a brand new verified freelancer in Upwork, with Basic membership. I am a native USA citizen currently living and working in Philippines.

Your registered address MUST be where you really live, not where you are a citizen. So you have to change it to the Philippines. It is where you live.

You are risking your account if you set your location as the USA when you are really located in the Philippines.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS