🐈 Community
present_sarah

Need experienced users feedback on inquiry i received

Hi all,

I just recently signed up to UpWork and have not done any projects yet.  Recently i was invited to apply for a job for a company that appears to be very new as well, payment not verified, and has only been joined since Oct 10 this year.

They responded to my proposal by asking if i have a gmail account.  I gave them the gmail address and then I got the following response:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Is this a normal process?  I don't know if it is leading me into an inappropriate/invalid position and I don't want to waste my time on a scam.  Why wouldn't the conversation just stay on upwork site? I would love to hear from experienced users if this is not how this would typically work.

Thank you!

Sarah

4 REPLIES 4
lysis10

scam

I had a feeling.  Thank you!

versailles

Scam.

Sarah, stop seeking clients. Read the entire help section on Upwork, then seek clients. If you fail to understand how this platform works, you'll be scammed in no time.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sarah,

I'm glad you came to check with the Community before proceeding with this offer. This job does have some signs of scam as others already pointed out and we'll have it reviewed as soon as possible.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Learning Paths