🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Need help getting started on Upwork? Free coa...
Page options
HildaM
Staff
Staff

Need help getting started on Upwork? Free coaching is available!

Hi everyone! My name is Hilda and I'm one of the four Upwork Coaches from Upwork Academy, an accessible and interactive suite of informational resources and best practices for using Upwork.

What is Upwork Coaching? The coaching team is here to help no matter where you are in your Upwork journey! We are here to provide tips on how to grow your business on Upwork, answer strategy questions, and be your guide. We provide cohort coaching to bring support and advice to more Upwork Community members at once and personalized one-to-one coaching as well.

What is a coaching cohort you ask? It’s an online group on our Community page dedicated to helping talent start and grow their freelancing business. While this is a community group setting, you will have an opportunity to schedule a 1:1 call with the assigned Upwork Coach or attend an “Ask Me Anything” call. 

Join the Getting Started in Upwork cohort that starts on August 29, 2022, and runs for two weeks. Click the link request to join.  

I am looking forward to helping you succeed!

UPDATE: this specific cohort has been closed and we'll be closing this thread from further responses. That said, our coaches offer help and tips in other cohorts you can find and check out here

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

All,

This cohort has been closed and therefore we'll be closing this thread from further responses. That said, feel free to check out  this page for other new and upcoming cohorts.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

92 REPLIES 92
0cb82c0e
Community Member

Hi Hilda,

I would very much like to complete my profile, however, I am unable to upload my profile pic.  I have done every suggested tweak, ensured the proper format, size, etc.... and It will not work.  

Please advise - thank you!

Hello Heather,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the issue uploading your profile photo. Could you please tell us more about the error/issue you face while trying to add a profile picture? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

The box to upload the pic pops up, however, nothing happens when I click on the "upload pic" button

Hi Heather,

Can you please try clearing your cache and cookies or use a different browser? Then you can go ahead and upload your preferred profile picture. Let me know if the issue persists and we'll look further into that for you. Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Make sure you have completed all given conditions 

160cb50b
Community Member

Hi 

Thank you so much Hilda

I can't wait to start learning from you 

Yo pls can u teach me because I never understand this 

alibhatti4
Community Member

Hi Hilda,

I am new on upwork and want to get projects but after submitting to much proposal, I still not get any response from clients.

Kindly guide me that how can I get projects. I update my profile at my best but I have no experience on upwork that's why I could not complete my profile.

I need your help.

Kindly advise please.

Sure brother, We are here to assist you completely.

Shopify Expert

If you haven't, please join the Getting Started in Upwork cohort that started Monday. Click the link request to join.  

belle0815
Community Member

Hi Hilda,

I would love to join the Getting Started in Upwork cohort. I clicked on the link request and waiting for approval to join.

Thank you,

Annabelle 

lmprestige
Community Member

Hi Hilda,

I just saw your post. I've sent in my request to join. Please, kindly approve.

Thank you,

Lydia

0b543558
Community Member

Please, pdf documents about Upwork will be helpful to the new members who have just sign up. Please, any available?

I'm available 

Hi Godwin,

Welcome to Upwork! We’re here to help you navigate the world of online work. Let’s start with the basics here at Upwork. You’ll find a list of essential resources here.

Below there are a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

We hope you find these online resources useful in your Upwork journey.

~ AJ
Upwork

Godwin, see my message above about Upwork Academy, an accessible and interactive suite of informational resources and best practices for using Upwork.

f5933af5
Community Member

No clients are coming to me

Hi Mujahid, for help getting started join the Getting Started in Upwork cohort that started Monday. Click the link request to join.  

9727f2a9
Community Member

Hii I am new to upwork.I just created my profile.can you help me how to proceed.

If you haven't, please join the Getting Started in Upwork cohort that started Monday. Click the link request to join.  

140b0187
Community Member

Hello looking for work

d533130f
Community Member

Hi! I am Ali and newbie at this platform, my profile is 100% complete but didn't get rising talet badge. Why?

How can I get that plz?

munimqureshi
Community Member

Hi Hilda, i am trying to get work from past one year but all the efforts went in vain. can you please help me get some work?

i have apply to join your coaching programe too, your guidance will be much appriciated, also because i couldnt get any work my profile status is changed from public to rpivate, can you help me with that too?

Regards

Abdul Munim

7d25e928
Community Member

Hi,

I'm new to Upwork and want to start getting work, however, despite submitting numerous proposals, clients consistently choose other freelancers who already have completed work.

Please advise me on how to get started. If there is a referral scheme or other mechanism, that would be really beneficial. My profile is complete and updated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely.

d624874f
Community Member

Hi Hilda,

I am new to Upwork and want to get projects but after submitting too many proposals, I still have not gotten any response from clients.

Kindly guide me that how can I get projects. I update my profile at my best but I have no experience with Upwork that's why I could not complete my profile.

I need your help.

Kindly advise, please.

Hello,

I am new to Upwork and want to get projects but after submitting too many proposals, I still have not gotten any response from clients. Kindly guide me that how can I get projects.

I need your help.

Kindly advise, please.

Hi Bijoya,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork. I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

~ Arjay
Upwork
samskt
Community Member

Hi Hilda,

I am new on upwork and want to get projects but after submitting to much proposal, I still not get any response from clients.

Kindly guide me that how can I get projects.

I update my profile at my best but I have no experience on upwork that's why I could not complete my profile.

I need your help.

Kindly advise please.

f6fb8152
Community Member

Hello Hilda,

Thank you for this coaching opportunity. I can definitely use some help. I have just retired from over 30 years as a software developer and technical writer. I have written voluminous documentation, but my previous employer won't permit me to share any of it for writing samples. I did some work through Elance at least ten years ago, but I doubt my writing samples and feedback are still on file.

I have been contacted through Upwork for full-time work, but I am only interested in part-time work or short-term temporary work. 

I would appreciate your advise on how to get hired when I have no writing samples.

Thank you,

Linda

9b36c407
Community Member

Hi Hilda,

Thanks for the great post.

I'd be really interested in joining but it seems that I'm already late for this cohort, right?

Are you planning to start a new one soon, please?

I really feel I need to better understand the whole thing first before spending all my connects...

Thanks a lot in advance for your kind reply! 🙂

samskt
Community Member

Hi Hilda,

Kindly guide me that how can I get projects. I update my profile at my best but I have no experience on upwork that's why I could not complete my profile.

I need your help.

Kindly advise please.

23843bc6
Community Member

im new frelancer for this app. i alwys post job praposal but still not accept. plz help me .some praposals are scam . i cant understand why my praposal not accepet

f5d6adf2
Community Member

Hello Hilda,

I am an new freelancer on this app (I opened my account some weeks ago). I have been able to complete my profile, although I am yet to upload my introduction video, My profile doen't have any view for many days now, could this be the reason why I haven't had responses from my proposals?

a9b59a97
Community Member

Hello Hilda.

I have joined this platform many times, 3 years now without any job to persue, I'm always bidding for jobs here but unfortunately I haven't got any yet. Nevertheless, I will never ever give up bidding for jobs, but will you please assist me on how to place a successful bid and enjoy this platform forever?

I will appreciate your couching please,

Thank you.

58df8ce3
Community Member

Thank you very much Hilda I would love to learn from you.

jenny-tanan
Community Member

Hi Ms. Hilda, 

i am new to upwork and never have projects yet, but today i applied and i am erceiving my email to my yahoo directly and those email i cannot see in upwork message. and in that email they are asking me to message them direclty they are giving me link and if i click that link its a telegram. is it safe? and how i can start the job. pls. guide me step by step pls i am really new to upwork.

thank in advance. 

Of course it's not safe, Jenny! Never accept any offers outside of Upwork, unless you want to see what a scam is like. Plenty of scammers on Upwork, all looking for naive freelancers to scam. Don't be one of them.

jenny-tanan
Community Member

hi luce, can you guide me please i have a client wants me to do company listing in google, for trial he give me something to do as a trial but i need to use my google account. is it safe? pls guide tnx/.

If he's not proposing to pay you for this trial, don't do it, it's against Upwork rules.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths