cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help, how can I get work on Upwork?

Highlighted
sharjeel A Member Since: Nov 4, 2017
1 of 13

Hi all, I am Sharjeel a professional Frontend developer, Web Designer and also a graphic designer. I am using this site from last 6 to 7 months but still do not get any job. I send daily 6 to 7 offers when I have contacts and also offer for 50% discount from there total budgets but nobody contact me. So can anybody guide me how can I start my work on this site? Thank you

Ace Contributor
Zac G Member Since: Nov 27, 2016
BEST ANSWER
2 of 13

Just keep applying. Its tough to get that first job, usually a kick*** portfolio can help you land that first gig - Most clients on upwork who have a history on here aren't super likely to hire a newbie with no work history on the platform.

I got lucky with my first gig, I got a client who was new to the site. So it was a perfect fit.

3 of 13

Thanks Zac G

Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
4 of 13

It was tough to get my first job. Eventually one came up which was just right for me, and I pulled out all the stops to get it. I made a proof-of-concept demo that showed the client I understood what he wanted and could deliver. I should say that this was an Excel VBA macro, and not a major software development. Still, it was a few hours work.

5 of 13

Thanks, Richard W, That's means never give up and just try and again try Smiley Happy cause getting the first job is tough but not impossible.

Harold B Member Since: Jan 4, 2018
6 of 13
Hi Richard..
Got a question here. If i am to apply for a job in upwork,i have to click on submit a proposal..right?but after clicking that,nothing happened..how can i send an application?
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
7 of 13

Hi Harold, 

Does this happen even as you clear your cache and cookies, and/or use a different browser?

-Avery
Untitled
Surender K Member Since: Feb 25, 2018
8 of 13

Dear Sharjeel A,

if u found any work , please help to get my first own .I hope you will help me . I can do

with lowest price . please help if you can .

thanks,

Marim H Member Since: May 28, 2018
9 of 13
Pleas help me to get work
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
10 of 13

@Marim H wrote:
Pleas help me to get work

What about creating a profile first?

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless