Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help requesting a manual name review

Highlighted
Alexi S Member Since: Dec 10, 2019
1 of 24

Good morning. 

I go by my middle name, but the first name on my bank account is my legal first name, which I do not go by. I have submitted my driver's license, which shows both names, for identity verification on my account. But still because of this issue, I cannot add a deposit method for payment. 

I do not want to change the name on my Upwork profile, as I am professionally known by my middle name.  I found the Upwork Help article that says to "click here" to request a manual name review. However, clicking there sends you to an automated system which then sends you back to the article. 

Can someone please help me with this by conducting a manual name review? Is there a solution that does not involve putting my legal first name on my Upwork profile?

Thank you.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Louisa J Member Since: Apr 12, 2017
2 of 24

Go here: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

Press the green circle bottom-right of page.

Type in: Talk to human

You can then talk to a real human. 

Highlighted
Alexi S Member Since: Dec 10, 2019
3 of 24

Hi Louisa, 

Trying this just directs me back to the Community Support page. See below.

Upwork chat.png

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
BEST ANSWER
4 of 24

Thank you for reaching out to us, Alexi.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

~ Bojan
Untitled

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Fabian Stiven O Member Since: Jun 4, 2019
5 of 24

I have the same problem, i added my first name and also have a problem with the special character "ñ" in my last name "muñoz", i can't add it to the payment information as special characters like "ñ" are not accepted, i put "Munoz" as i do in other payment services but here i just got the warning

"Due to our updated identity policy, at least one of your payment methods has been deactivated as the beneficiary name of the bank account does not match your name."

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 24

Hi Fabian, 

I checked your account and can see that you just recently added the payment method you are referring to. This will go through a manual review within two business days, and if there are any issues, the team will reach out to you directly through an email. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Naftali O Member Since: Jan 30, 2020
7 of 24

I need a manual review of my bank information. Please connect me to a person. Thanks

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
8 of 24

Hi Naftali,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Dasha E Member Since: Feb 24, 2020
9 of 24

Hi Aleksandr,

I have the same issue - my payment method disapproved because my name mismatched... Dasha vs. Daria. Can you please forward it to support? Thank you!

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
10 of 24

Hi Dasha,

Our team will reach out to you as well and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

Untitled