🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Need help requesting a manual name review
Page options
alexi-stewart
Community Member

Need help requesting a manual name review

Good morning. 

I go by my middle name, but the first name on my bank account is my legal first name, which I do not go by. I have submitted my driver's license, which shows both names, for identity verification on my account. But still because of this issue, I cannot add a deposit method for payment. 

I do not want to change the name on my Upwork profile, as I am professionally known by my middle name.  I found the Upwork Help article that says to "click here" to request a manual name review. However, clicking there sends you to an automated system which then sends you back to the article. 

Can someone please help me with this by conducting a manual name review? Is there a solution that does not involve putting my legal first name on my Upwork profile?

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out to us, Alexi.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
louisaj
Community Member

Go here: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

Press the green circle bottom-right of page.

Type in: Talk to human

You can then talk to a real human. 

Hi Louisa, 

Trying this just directs me back to the Community Support page. See below.

Upwork chat.png

Thank you for reaching out to us, Alexi.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have the same problem, i added my first name and also have a problem with the special character "ñ" in my last name "muñoz", i can't add it to the payment information as special characters like "ñ" are not accepted, i put "Munoz" as i do in other payment services but here i just got the warning

"Due to our updated identity policy, at least one of your payment methods has been deactivated as the beneficiary name of the bank account does not match your name."

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Fabian, 

I checked your account and can see that you just recently added the payment method you are referring to. This will go through a manual review within two business days, and if there are any issues, the team will reach out to you directly through an email. 

~ Avery
Upwork
933e8bab
Community Member

I need a manual review of my bank information. Please connect me to a person. Thanks

Hi Naftali,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandr,

I have the same issue - my payment method disapproved because my name mismatched... Dasha vs. Daria. Can you please forward it to support? Thank you!

Hi Dasha,

Our team will reach out to you as well and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I need to change my initials from T Vinchee to "Tushar Vinocha", as "T Vinchee" is just my nickname and my formal name is Tushar Vinocha. I was unaware of varified name policy, otherwise, I would have put my formal name while profiling. Please help. 

Hi T,

You can request to change your name by going to Settings  Contact Info. The name change request may take 24 to 48 hours, and you will be notified of the status once our team completes the review change requested. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have the name mismatch issue. Please connect me to a real human to get it solved. Please help!

Hi Divya,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello everyone! Please I need help with a manual name review for my payment method! I'd appreciate it.

Hi Tolu,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
claresim
Community Member

Hi,

I’d like to request for a manual name review as Im professionally known as my baptism name whereas the name on my bank account is my legal name. I’m now living in another country and am unable to retrieve my baptism certificate to upload as a supporting document . Could Upwork contact me about this please? Thank you.

Hi Clare,

I've shared your concern with the team, and one of our team members will reach out to you via ticket to assist further. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
kacherry
Community Member

I am also having trouble with getting a manual name change so my bank account matches my account name. Can someone please assist? 

Hi Kaitlyn,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly and assist further in reviewing your name change request. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
aed47da3
Community Member

I'm experiencing the same problem. My profile name is my middle and last name while my bank account details use my first and last name. The bank account was disconnected because of this. I've already put a change of name request by changing my name to my 1st and last name on my profile. I hope this won't bring a problem. Please advise how to connect my bank account. I think I need manual help. 

Thank you. 

Hi Njogo, 

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I want to request a manual name review. My payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on my payment does not match my account name. I use my nickname as my account name, But my bank account name is my legal name. I already uploaded my government-issued ID to verify my identity.  Could anyone help me active my payment method? 

Thanks

Hi Yolanda,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
damianac
Community Member

I need a manual name review. I want to request a manual name review. My payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on my payment does not match my account name. Please contact me immediately.

Thanks

Hi Drue,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that your name change was already approved and you should be all set now. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths