🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Need help verifying my identity
Page options
wmcabee
Community Member

Need help verifying my identity

I have gotten this message as I am trying to apply for jobs:

Action required: To avoid additional account restrictions, you must complete your identity verification video call with Upwork. You can initiate this call by chatting with an agent here.

I click the link and all i get sent to is the general help page with no direction.

Then i go to the identity verification page and it says I need to send in my ID and documents but then doesn't give me any direction on where to send them? Can I get help?

11 REPLIES 11
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi William,

You don't need to submit documents to verify your identity at this point. You need to complete video verification though. In order to do it, log into your account, go to this page and you should be able to see Verify your Profile button at the bottom of the page. Click that button to chat with an agent.

~ Valeria
Upwork

The problem seemed to be connected with Google Chrome brower. When I opened up the page in Firefox the Verify Your Profile button showed up finally.

Hi,

I need some help please, I am new in up work, I have only submitted two proposals then suddenly I can no longer submit a proposal since they need an ientity verification. I don't understand how to get a billing statement because I haven't received any payments yet, also how do I upload the said documents for the verification to take place? Please help .

Hi Stella,

Please, refer to my earlier reply to William on this thread. You also don't need to submit your documents at the moment but need to complete video verification by accessing the verification button on this page.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Haw are you

Im trying to verify my account and it keeps saying You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zayen, 

Our team is looking into this, and we'll come back here once we have more information regarding your concern.

ETA: Hi Zayen, I'm coming back to let you know that a team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you with your concern.

~ Avery
Upwork
sokolov_vyachesl
Community Member

I want identity my account. How can I do it?

Thank You!

YOU can not initiate the "identity verification" process. Upwork does that.

And Upwork already HAS INITIATED the process. That's what the message at the top of your screen means.

They are asking you to go through the process. You will do so by clicking on the link which is associated with the word "here" at the end of the sentence.

That will take you to a page wherein you can contact Upwork customer support, schedule a video chat, and be done with the process in a minute or two.

11b54a73
Community Member

What's the problem 

11b54a73
Community Member

Usually when is says that. It has a button to click and submit your ID.   You might not be Abel to see the button if your on a phone.  Are you on a laptop or phone?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths