🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Need someone to do the work in my home
Page options
2671573c
Community Member

Need someone to do the work in my home

Due to the nature of what I want the person to do, I need the person to come to my home.  Is that a problem?

7 REPLIES 7
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Jacqueline D wrote:

Due to the nature of what I want the person to do, I need the person to come to my home.  Is that a problem?

I wouldn't go to any client's home, but I can only speak for myself. You might be better served by posting an ad in your local paper or online platform for local jobs. 

Thanks for your ideas.

florydev
Community Member

Jacqueline D wrote:

I work remotely.  I have a client in my same city that I have never seen face to face.  I have thought about asking him to lunch but that is it.

I can't speak for everyone but I do not really want to even work out of someone else's office.  My chair fits my bottom perfectly and I prefer to sit in it.

I would also be concerned for you.  I think before I invited someone into my home to work on something I would very much want a personal referall of some kind. 

But if you can find someone local and they are willing to do it, I don't think it is a problem.

Thanks for your help.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Jacqueline:

Having somebody work in your home?

That is NOT against Upwork rules. So in that sense, it is "not a problem."

However, Upwork's emphasis has always been on remote work. It doesn't even have specialized tools for finding local freelancers or posting local job listings.

As a practical matter, you may have more success using a site that excels in posting jobs based on local community locations. I routinely use CraigsList to hire people who work in my home.

Preston H wrote:

Jacqueline:

Having somebody work in your home?

That is NOT against Upwork rules. So in that sense, it is "not a problem."

However, Upwork's emphasis has always been on remote work. It doesn't even have specialized tools for finding local freelancers or posting local job listings.

As a practical matter, you may have more success using a site that excels in posting jobs based on local community locations. I routinely use CraigsList to hire people who work in my home.

LOCAL.jpg

Preston, Upwork Does allow for client to specify that they are looking for freelancers in a certain location. They can post it as a local job, and also the required location of the job. Whether or not they will get responses is another matter 

re: "Upwork does allow for client to specify that they are looking for freelancers in a certain location. They can post it as a local job, and also the required location of the job. Whether or not they will get responses is another matter "

I did not know that.

Thank you for your post.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths