cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need someone to do the work in my home

Jacqueline D Member Since: Sep 12, 2019
1 of 8

Due to the nature of what I want the person to do, I need the person to come to my home.  Is that a problem?

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
2 of 8

Jacqueline D wrote:

Due to the nature of what I want the person to do, I need the person to come to my home.  Is that a problem?

I wouldn't go to any client's home, but I can only speak for myself. You might be better served by posting an ad in your local paper or online platform for local jobs. 

3 of 8

Thanks for your ideas.

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
4 of 8

Jacqueline D wrote:

I work remotely.  I have a client in my same city that I have never seen face to face.  I have thought about asking him to lunch but that is it.

I can't speak for everyone but I do not really want to even work out of someone else's office.  My chair fits my bottom perfectly and I prefer to sit in it.

I would also be concerned for you.  I think before I invited someone into my home to work on something I would very much want a personal referall of some kind. 

But if you can find someone local and they are willing to do it, I don't think it is a problem.

5 of 8

Thanks for your help.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 8

Jacqueline:

Having somebody work in your home?

That is NOT against Upwork rules. So in that sense, it is "not a problem."

However, Upwork's emphasis has always been on remote work. It doesn't even have specialized tools for finding local freelancers or posting local job listings.

As a practical matter, you may have more success using a site that excels in posting jobs based on local community locations. I routinely use CraigsList to hire people who work in my home.

Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
7 of 8

Preston H wrote:

Jacqueline:

Having somebody work in your home?

That is NOT against Upwork rules. So in that sense, it is "not a problem."

However, Upwork's emphasis has always been on remote work. It doesn't even have specialized tools for finding local freelancers or posting local job listings.

As a practical matter, you may have more success using a site that excels in posting jobs based on local community locations. I routinely use CraigsList to hire people who work in my home.

LOCAL.jpg

Preston, Upwork Does allow for client to specify that they are looking for freelancers in a certain location. They can post it as a local job, and also the required location of the job. Whether or not they will get responses is another matter 

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 8

re: "Upwork does allow for client to specify that they are looking for freelancers in a certain location. They can post it as a local job, and also the required location of the job. Whether or not they will get responses is another matter "

I did not know that.

Thank you for your post.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS