🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Need to Re-join Upwork?
Page options
coughlin-kathy
Community Member

Need to Re-join Upwork?

I joined Upwork about 6 years ago, but didn't ever find work. I've been inactive since then, but would like to become active now. Do I need to re-apply since my account has been inactive for so long? Thank you.

Kathy Coughlin

**Edited for community guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Kathleen C wrote:

I joined Upwork about 6 years ago, but didn't ever find work. I've been inactive since then, but would like to become active now. Do I need to re-apply since my account has been inactive for so long? Thank you.

Kathy Coughlin

No, you can use your current profile. Aside from not being allowed to create more than one profile ever, nobody can see how old your profile is. 

One thing I would recommend is taking out the years in your work/education history, they are not necessary. Competition is fierce, so you need to have patience and persistence, and the most important thing to know about upwork now is that you can never communicate with a potential client before hire. That will keep you safe from scammers. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Kathleen C wrote:

Kathy Coughlin

No, you can use your current profile. Aside from not being allowed to create more than one profile ever, nobody can see how old your profile is. 

One thing I would recommend is taking out the years in your work/education history, they are not necessary. Competition is fierce, so you need to have patience and persistence, and the most important thing to know about upwork now is that you can never communicate with a potential client before hire. That will keep you safe from scammers. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths