🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Need to be payed for the work
Page options
7b5b2b72
Community Member

Need to be payed for the work

I am working with a contract on Upwork with a customer. With this customer, we arranged that I will realize a series of things. Let's say
a)
b)
c)
d)

But unfortunately to realize d) I need other raw materials and extra work. So I asked the customer for that, I've set up a milestone and I require to be paid for a) b) c) ( in only one milestone). But he states that he wants d) and without d) he won't' pay me. I know I knew that thing before, but it was impossible to forecast the extra work needed to reach d) when we signed the contract. I start to doubt a bit about him because he has only a bad review on Upwork from the previous customers and the work 'till now it's about 650$ and when will reach the d) point will hit 1500$. So I have to trust a guy with bad reviews that don't want to pay me at d) point. That makes me feel suspicious and uncomfortable. I just want to be paid for what I have done. I tried to resolve this issue during 3h consultation with him about what to do, but he still there, and he doesn't want to pay me what I have done until I don't reach the d) point.
There is a way to solve this issue?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Piergiorgio,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're having with this client. From your post it sounds like the client wasn't aware of the additional work segment d) of the contract might entail and this wasn't communicated to them? We'd advise communicating with your client to possibly come to an agreement regarding how the additional work should be processed or agree to close the contract. If you can't come to an agreement regarding the work you have provided so far, you can initiate a dispute by following the steps our Support team shared on your open support ticket. I'd invite other experienced Community members to follow up and offer advice based on their experience. 

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Piergiorgio,

Just to clarify, is this a fixed price contract? If yes, I would suggest working only on the tasks included under your funded milestone and delivered them once they are done. Once this is completed, you and your client can open a new milestone with new tasks. 
Please keep in mind that unfunded milestones or promised funds are not protected under our Fixed price protection. I would also suggest to always make sure that the agreed budget is fully funded on your milestone. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear Goran, the problem is that a) b) c) and d) are under the same milestone, while d) it's almost impossible to do and the customer refuse to pay me for a) b) c) without d). 

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Piergiorgio,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're having with this client. From your post it sounds like the client wasn't aware of the additional work segment d) of the contract might entail and this wasn't communicated to them? We'd advise communicating with your client to possibly come to an agreement regarding how the additional work should be processed or agree to close the contract. If you can't come to an agreement regarding the work you have provided so far, you can initiate a dispute by following the steps our Support team shared on your open support ticket. I'd invite other experienced Community members to follow up and offer advice based on their experience. 

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths