🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Need to make a suggestion for Upwork
Page options
salman527
Community Member

Need to make a suggestion for Upwork

Hi,

I'm a new freelancer on upwork, i've got pretty nice response towards the client, and in a very short i got jobs related to graphic design field, but i personally noticed something that is very wrong here on upwork that there are a lot of fake users especially accounts that pretent like a client but not having verified payment methods and posting jobs here, and some clients who has payment method verified they submitted a project but it never close, in such as a freelancer honestly telling you this is a loss for a freelancer losing connects for the fake projects that don't even close not interviewing anyone not hiring anyone getting request from everyone related to their need, 

Can upwork support review this, if yes than this makes me feel good and confident about upwork

Regards

Salman Maqsood

4 REPLIES 4
scientistbhoot
Community Member

Hi Salman,

@Salman M wrote:

Can upwork support review this, if yes than this makes me feel good and confident about upwork

Upwork is not going to do anything about it. It is you, who need to do the reviews for upwork. You have to be careful about choosing jobs. When you are applying for a job, I suggest, ignore those clients who don't have a verified payment method. And before applying for a job, which is already 5 days old, check the activity on this job section and decide whether you go with it or not.

@Salman M wrote:

some clients who has payment method verified they submitted a project but it never close

If you are lucky, then you are going to experience something way more worse than that. Just keep upworking. Smiley Very Happy

Salman, unfortunately these things have been occurring for years.  Upwork takes action on some; not on others.  Oftentimes there doesn't seem to be specific rules.  Since that's how it is, each of us simply need to always proceed with caution.  It's our lives and our businesses, and we need to be responsible for them. 

And to add - I frequently accept jobs from clients with an unverified payment.  I simply tell them I cannot begin work until their payment is confirmed.  Works every time for me.

Clients don't close their jobs often because they have hired elsewhere, or not hired, or found someone locally to do the job and they forget about the Upwork posting.  Upwork closes those jobs eventually (30 days?).

prachi163
Community Member

It is practically impossible for Upwork to filter out jobs based on the intent of the poster. Freelancers also have no way to know that the job post has not been put up with the intent of hiring. Also, in all fairness, it is possible that the client does not find a FL with the requisite skills, and hence has not hired anybody from Upwork.  

And, not having a verified payment means nothing. Many legit job posters don't have a verified payment method at the time of posting but get it done soon after.

So, in short, there's nothing anybody can do about it. If you lose a couple of connects on a job where nobody was hired, well, hard luck for you as well as all those who applied.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths