🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Need to upload my ID
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi Jonas,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
king_natashae
Community Member

My ID cannot be verified. There is nothing wrong with it.  How can I resolve this?

Thank you for reaching out to us, Natashae.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
mikechandler9
Community Member

Spoiler
Having issues uploading my ID for verification.  Is there someone I can contact in support for human verification? 

Hi Michael,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
adamattopfloor
Community Member

I need to upload my ID for verification but it keeps saying my name doesn't match what's on my ID.  It does match so I'm not sure what to do now.  

Hi Adam,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
audiophonicart
Community Member

i'm also having the same problem. Was your issue resolved?

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jill.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
sfs24
Community Member

I am given the message: "You've reached the maximum number of verification attempts." I am given no indication of why the verifcation keeps failing, and now I am unable to attempt verification again.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Fletcher.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
skylar_gail
Community Member

I tried to upload to upwork multiple times but it wouldn't work for some reason. Now, it says I have reached maximum tries to upload. How to I fix this.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Skylar.

~ Bojan
Upwork
slauri0209
Community Member

After updating my profile, it asks me to verify my phone number. When I enter my number and click "Verify Phone Number", nothing happens. Can a moderator please help?

Hi Steve,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
nic-penn
Community Member

I uploaded a photo of my ID, and for reasons unbeknownst to me, it was unable to be verified. I haven't found any other way of contacting anyone, but any help would be appreciated!

Hi Nic,

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I have the same issue. Logged in to Upwork after haven't done so in a while, was asked to upload my ID. I did and got the message the Upwork wasn't able to autheticate my ID. What can I do to solve this?

Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ellen.

~ Bojan
Upwork
n_srinivasan
Community Member

Hi,

I was in US for last few years and now relocating to Canada. I would like to continue my job of freelancing to US employer through Upwork.I hope this is allowed thru Upwork. 

But I would like to know whether Upwork will be providing me with Tax forms for Canada at the end of financial year.

Hi Nithya,

You may need to consult a local tax advisor about proper ways to report your Upwork income to your country's tax authorities while in Canada.

The US-only jobs are available only for freelancers who are physically located in the US and can verify it. There are various reasons why a client would want to post a job with that requirement. Their projects may require localized knowledge, the possibility of on-site coordination, specific compliance needs or other factors that make working with someone within their country an easier way to get started on Upwork. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks for your reply.
But is there any tax related form like W-2 or 1099 that will be provided by Upwork? 
Forms provided - Is it based on the employer country or employee country?
TIA

Hi Nithya,

Please check this support article for info on when Upwork provides freelancers with tax forms. You'd need to talk to a tax advisor to learn more about your legal status.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
crescent_seward
Community Member

Hello! I tried to upload my ID but I think the system couldn't read it, so I'd like to upload a new image. HOWEVER, I keep gettin this message: "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support." Is there no customer support? I need to reset my account so I can get the ID uploaded.

I need help, please! My account is stuck!

-C

Thank you for reaching out to us, Crescent.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
aydavali75
Community Member

i tried to upload my id formore than once and now i have problem reaching the maximum of uploading an id
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ayda,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your concern.

~ Bojan
Upwork
adapizon
Community Member

I only upload my ID once. and I was told I upload my ID Maximium and couldn't upload any more and I need to contact community. What is happening to me ? anybody is here to help ? 

Ada 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ada, 

I apologise if this has caused you any inconvenience. I have shared your information with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
hbpattskyn
Community Member

I have tried three times to upload my ID (a valid Michigan driver's license) and three times, the site has told me I'm trying to upload an INvalid ID. Now it tells me to come back later.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Helen, 

I apologise for the inconvenience. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
tory07
Community Member

The site won't let me verify my I.D.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Taurean,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
markijohn_payton
Community Member

I tried to upload my ID to Upwork, and I couldn’t figure out why it wasn’t working. I realized my address on the ID hasn’t been updated. I have reached the maximum attempts to verify. How else can I verify my identity?

Hi Payton, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ryn_davis
Community Member

I uploaded my drivers license to verify my location but I received an email saying they could not authenticate the ID I uploaded and my account was placed on hold. There's no further instructions on how to proceed in the email so I'm not sure what to do. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kathryn,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ajplt
Community Member

Hello,

I have been having the same issue for a month now. Somebody from customer support let me try reuploading, but it gives me the same error. Can somebody help me manually approve my ID?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ece, 

I checked your account and can see that the team has reached out to you through Ticket #28490620 with more information on how you can resolve your issue. If you are still experiencing any issues, it would be best to update the same ticket thread so that the Customer Support Team can escalate your ticket to another team. Feel free to update your ticket thread at any time with more information about your concern so that they can get back to you through the same thread and assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
idea_soft
Community Member

I don`t know what to do, How to contact agent, how to resolve this issue, I want to verify my id but I have reached maximum tries. please let me know what to do.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths