🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Need your help
Page options
3babcc01
Community Member

Need your help

Hi i am here because i got a client and started his work i am working on his project since 6 days but at the 5th day he stopped replying while he was online now i an worried that he won't pay me if anyone can help me please reply. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
m_terrazas
Community Member

Mian R wrote:

Hi i am here because i got a client and started his work i am working on his project since 6 days but at the 5th day he stopped replying while he was online now i an worried that he won't pay me if anyone can help me please reply. 

Being an hourly contract, if you recorded the hours correctly with the time tracker, even if the client has been suspended, Upwork will pay you the hours that they consider to meet the requirements: hours recorded (not manual), memos of your work, good levels activity (mouse and keyboard).
This provided that the customer's payment was verified at the time of the contract.

If you have used manual hours, I am sorry to tell you that you will not see the money, because they are not protected.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
PradeepH

Hi Mian,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience with a client. I see that you are referring to the active Hourly contract on your Upwork account. I will forward your report to the relevant team to review the client's activity. Unfortunately, I will be unable to share the outcome of their investigation. All logged hours are processed as per the Upwork weekly billing cycle. As long as the client's billing method is successfully charged, your billed hours will be paid to you. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

The thing is sir my contract now shows suspended so will i get paid or i just got scamm

Hi Mian,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your contract. It looks like the team has taken action on the client account for violating Upwork TOS. I see that you have already initiated a support ticket for the same inquiry. One of our team members will reach out to you via the same ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Ok sir but will i get paid for the my hours

colettelewis
Community Member

Can Upwork please confirm that when a  client's account gets suspsended for violating Upwork's ToS, the freelancer is also penalized even if the freelancer has not broken any rules.  This seems to me to be completely unjustified. 

Nichola L wrote:

Can Upwork please confirm that when a  client's account gets suspsended for violating Upwork's ToS, the freelancer is also penalized even if the freelancer has not broken any rules.  This seems to me to be completely unjustified. 

Yes, it is unfair that they pay the just for sinners, but if they don't, it would be a drain on money, I'm afraid.

m_terrazas
Community Member

Mian R wrote:

Being an hourly contract, if you recorded the hours correctly with the time tracker, even if the client has been suspended, Upwork will pay you the hours that they consider to meet the requirements: hours recorded (not manual), memos of your work, good levels activity (mouse and keyboard).
This provided that the customer's payment was verified at the time of the contract.

If you have used manual hours, I am sorry to tell you that you will not see the money, because they are not protected.

Thanks for your time and help i have only used 6 hours manually but its fine like i don't want manual hours payment i am fine with automatically tracked hours payment

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths