🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Never took the test ; but I get this "Your te...
Page options
mbossen
Community Member

Never took the test ; but I get this "Your test is expired and blah blah...". What's the issue?

Having joined to this freelnacing site as a complete novice, I wanted to have an official something that helps me to prove my skills to the potential clinets. What was my first plan? It was to use the tests given in here and scoring in such a way that my score says it all. However,when I checked the availiabiltiy of those relevant tests at the begining of the last month; what did they say? " You have to wait til --/---/---  to retake the test" 

C'mon I hadn't even taken the test! Not even ONCE But the upwok said that for me to RETAKE it I have to wait for another few months. Frustrating indeed.

I was only able to take three tests. But for me,  the most imperative tests are passing by because of their unavilability.

So here I am at my last resort for help. Can anyone help me to sort this out? 

Followings are the tests that push me this ugly message of "you have to wait... blah blah":

1.U.K English Grammar Test

2.U.S. English Punctuation and Mechanics Test

3.U.S. English Chicago Style Editing Skills Test (For Writing Professionals)

4.U.S. English Proofreading Skills Test (Chicago)

5.U.S. English Sentence Structure Test (For Writing Professionals)

6U.S. English Proofreading Skills Test (AP Style)

7.U.S. English AP Style Editing Skills Test (For Writing Professionals)

8.UK English Sentence Structure Test (For Writing Professionals)

9.UK English Oxford Style Editing Skills Test (For Writing Professionals)

In the attachments, you can find few of the frustrating and nerve-itching messages that I get everytime I want to do those above tests.

12 REPLIES 12
petra_r
Community Member

@Ossen M wrote:

Having joined to this freelnacing site as a complete novice, I wanted to have an official something that helps me to prove my skills to the potential clinets. What was my first plan? It was to use the tests given in here and scoring in such a way that my score says it all.

1.U.K English Grammar Test

2.U.S. English Punctuation and Mechanics Test

3.U.S. English Chicago Style Editing Skills Test (For Writing Professionals)

4.U.S. English Proofreading Skills Test (Chicago)

5.U.S. English Sentence Structure Test (For Writing Professionals)

6U.S. English Proofreading Skills Test (AP Style)

7.U.S. English AP Style Editing Skills Test (For Writing Professionals)

8.UK English Sentence Structure Test (For Writing Professionals)

9.UK English Oxford Style Editing Skills Test (For Writing Professionals)

With all due respect, no amount of test-taking would convince any client who speaks even elementary English that you are a native or bilingual English speaker, your profile overview is complete word-salad.

mbossen
Community Member

Wow what a fabulous reply from a community guru.

Standing ovation for you for such a well detailed and well informed reply giving nothing but such a mudane and disgustingly stupid reply

Give this know-it-all woman a shiny award  indicating her ability to help others in a very informatively jejune way.

I didn't ask about a review of my profile. Just wanted to know why the tests aren't working.

If ever I am asked to choose between Bad English and Bad Attitude, I would choose bad English.

Just saying.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

I recommend you never display below average results on your tests, it looks bad. 

Thanks Martina for the tip.

But do you know how to solve this issue that I'm having?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ossen,

Our team will check this from our end and reach out to you via ticket to assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey Goran, thank you for chipping in.

Waiting to get this solved as soon as possible

@Goran V wrote:

Hi Ossen,

Our team will check this from our end and reach out to you via ticket to assist you further, thank you.

A ticket was opened just now for this issue. 

Goran, thanks a ton for helping me out.

@Goran V wrote:

Hi Ossen,

@ @Goran,

You guys have reached me through a ticket but non of you guys have ever given me a reply for the matter in the past 5 days. It's only me who cranks the wheel there. And yeah, the problem still exists. 

Anyway,thank you for looking into this issue in the first place:instead of spitting out some mundane replies like some have done; however, the problem still exists in full force. I don't want to strech this any further because I need to get this solved as soon as possible.

At least just give me a reply, explaining what's going on.

Truly appreciate your participation here in this matter Smiley Happy

Hi Ossen,

I'll follow up with the team that's handling your ticket and they will update you the soonest possible. Thank you for your patience.

~ Joanne
Upwork
mbossen
Community Member

@Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi Ossen,

I'll follow up with the team that's handling your ticket and they will update you the soonest possible. Thank you for your patience.

Marie, I couldn't be more happier than to hear what you said.

My pateience is slowly reaching towards that bursting point for waiting this long. 5 days is quite a long time period for someone who wants to kick it outta park.

Anyway thanks for the cooperation Maria. I want to get this solved  as soon as possible.

Thanks again.

mbossen
Community Member

@JoanneP wrote:

Hi Ossen,

Hey Joanne,

The issue is solved.

Thank you for any effort that you put into this 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths