🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New Contract with the same client
Page options
cheydeguzman
Community Member

New Contract with the same client

Hi,

I have an existing hourly contract with a client, and the time limit allowed per week is just 10hrs.

Now, he decided hire me full time for 40hrs/week so he sent another contract to reflect this.

Questions:

1. Should I end the original contract that says I'm only allowed 10hrs a week? Or client should be the one to do that on his end?

2. He didn't say when he would like me start working full time but I assume it would start as soon as I accept the new contract, is that correct?

Thank you.
6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Cherrish D wrote:
1. Should I end the original contract that says I'm only allowed 10hrs a week? Or client should be the one to do that on his end?

2. He didn't say when he would like me start working full time but I assume it would start as soon as I accept the new contract, is that correct?

The client could have just upped the hourly limit to 40 🙂

1) It would be better if the client ends it, so you get feedback.

2) I would discuss that with the client.

He hasn't responded yet. It's already Monday tomorrow and I'm not sure if
should I run my tracker starting at 9am tomorrow.

He sent me a new contract so I'm assuming it will be effective the moment I
accept it. Is this not the case?

By the way, I checked the contract details and it shows that Start Date is similar to the date I accepted his offer.

Should I wait for him to confirm when can I start with this new terms, or I can just go with it directly since the start date is obviously indicated on our contract.

Did the client specifically say that they want you to work 40 hours? 

Personally I'd have clarified that with the client first but if you have work you can sensibly do you may want to start.

However, nobody can tell you what you should do, because this is 100% between your client and yourself. We can't guess at what the client meant or wanted.

Hi Petra,

Yes, he specifically said that he wants to hire me for 40hrs/week.

I am just confused because he didn't say when I can start working full time. I have accepted the offer so I am now under the assumption that it's already in effect. Not sure though if this is how it works.

Cherrish D wrote:
Hi Petra,

Yes, he specifically said that he wants to hire me for 40hrs/week.

I am just confused because he didn't say when I can start working full time. I have accepted the offer so I am now under the assumption that it's already in effect. Not sure though if this is how it works.

Are you clear on deliverables, will your screenshots show that you are working for his project? Then start.

Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Jun 25
Crafting Your Compelling Story
Talent Toolbox English
Featured Topics
Learning Paths