🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New Freelancer Questions
Page options
joeymezzatesta
Community Member

New Freelancer Questions

Hi all! I'm a brand new freelancer on the platform - I have no jobs or reviews yet, so I'm trying to start building a life for myself on this site.

I've submitted a few proposals and heard nothing back on any of them yet. I'd assume that's pretty standard, so I'm trying not to panic about that.

However, I do want to know more about the application process. If an employer is interested in me, will I get an email notification? Or do I need to constantly check/refresh Upwork for updates?

Should I think about/care about whether an employer has "filled" the job I applied for? Will I ever know if these jobs get filled, if I'm not contacted about them?

What's the right number of proposals to submit before I DO start to worry and reconsider about submitting proposals? I'm sure it takes a good number before you get picked, but I don't want to throw money away by buying credits. Is there a recommended number of proposals to have open at any given time?

Thanks everybody!

1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi Joey,

Welcome to Upwork!

Regarding your questions, if a client is interested in hiring you for their project, they do have the option to send you an invite and you will receive a notification about it. You can decide whether you will still submit a proposal to a job where it has been indicated that a freelancer has already been hired. Some clients would like to hire more than one freelancer so they keep the job open. You might benefit from reading the freelancer resources we have compiled here to help you get started on Upwork. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths