🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: New Freelancer
Page options
5c8284d0
Community Member

New Freelancer

Trying to be part of any project but without success. And in Upwork, I have not received any job offer as a freelancer so far. Please, i need a mentor to put me through, I will be grateful.

Thank you! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
df602768
Community Member

Hey there, welcome to Upwork!

Add portfolio items, otherwise nobody will believe you're an actual designer. 🙂 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
elisa_b
Community Member

You have no portfolio (which is vital for graphic designers).

Your rate is way too high for somebody with zero experience here.

You declare you want to "learn more while working with clients" (you should have learned all the skills you need before applying).

"Your wish is my command" - really?

You do not need a mentor, taking the Academy courses and learning how to improve your profile and write good cover letters will suffice.

Hi‚ Elisa if I complete Academy courses will i get certificate? 

You will learn how to use Upwork properly, which is better than any badges.

Yeah‚ you said the right. 

df602768
Community Member

Hey there, welcome to Upwork!

Add portfolio items, otherwise nobody will believe you're an actual designer. 🙂 

9892e357
Community Member

Hello all, am new here

Hi Ajbade,

Welcome to Upwork! We’re here to help you navigate the world of online work. Let’s start with the basics here at Upwork. Below there are a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork. We hope you find these online resources useful in your Upwork journey.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork
76e84cd5
Community Member

Hello, 👋 I'm also new here trying to know more about Upwork. Also, I'm learning to get more projects in future.

actually I'm skillful in web based work. But I have not get any acceptance in proposals so far. 

c877386f
Community Member

I am New here and I am an English teacher and i need someone to put me through on the best approach to get proposal accepted 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths