🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New Freelancer
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi Community!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Cheers,
Mike

View solution in original post

4,578 REPLIES 4,578
737c506e
Community Member

Hi , im a young programmer curently have closed 3 contracts and now radio silence. Any pointers?

0eb1d93d
Community Member

Hi  Greatings,

lam new to Upwork, please would you take a look at my profile and suggest some improvements?  Thank you

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01323d9fd0796969ee?viewMode=1

shafialam
Community Member

Hello Guys, I signed up with Upwork recently. I would appreciate your suggestions on getting my first job as a freelancer. Your valuable advice would be much appreciated. Added, I've AWS Cloud Practitioners and AWS Solutions Architect certification. 

Hi Syed,

Welcome to Upwork! We're glad you came to the Community for advice. You can start by checking out these freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully in the marketplace. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs. In addition, I've merged your post to a general thread where other experienced freelancers can provide their feedback to you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
048fb5b5
Community Member

Hello.

Could you please check my profile? I have submitted some proposals but no answer.
Can you please give feedback?

goku1ananth
Community Member

Hey guys, can you please take a look at my profile and suggest me any improvements? 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01b4cb48d04f2bdb20

f8d6df3a
Community Member

Hello guys.

I have been sending proposal to the jobs which i think i can do 100%. And i actually do.

Also the cover letter,questions everything i wrote is quite good i guess. Tried to describe the process fully to make the client understand that i know the task. I attach my portfolio link on the cover letter too.

Still, i am not getting any reply or invitations. Is this because i don't have any review on my profile?

Note: My profile completeness is 100% and i passed the readiness test also. I also have a strong portfolio ready.

Thanks

Sakib

Hi Sakib,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been getting replies to your proposals or invitations. Perhaps, you might want to start by revisiting how you are crafting your proposals to clients and what your profile looks like to them. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. Check out this article for great tips on writing proposals that win jobs.

In addition, I've merged your post to this thread where other experienced freelancers can see it and provide their feedback to you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
43278d7f
Community Member

Hey Mike!

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~017e8471822441cb1b

Could you please review my profile and give feedback. 

3e69dabe
Community Member

Hello, Can I get my profile checked? I have been here on Upwork for the past month, and have sent many proposals but have not heard back from anyone. My profile also has 0 views as well. 

Kindly review my profile and give me your precious feedback.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01b8d8a7ae9af023cf

a6247c49
Community Member

I have submitted 9 proposals, and have been selected for 0 projects. Is anyone in the community willing to review my profile and provide me tips on how I might improve it?

With gratitude - Shelley

Shelley,

First of all, nine proposals is close to nothing, expecially when you're just getting started here. I think there are certain cultural norms around here that have evolved over the years that help attract business. But everyone has a different learning curve for this, I imagine.

So, I like to just go with Marketing 101. Does your profile convince me you're an expert. Yes it does. Does it convince me you are confident? Yes, it does. Does it convince me you are friendly and approachable. For the most part, yes it does. But I still come away from reading your write-up and thinking ... wow; it's a mess.

Another common marker I uses is to ask do you simply explain that you can solve someone else's problem(s). 

So, here's a sentence: "I can help you with a comprehensive, audience-centered content strategy; OR with a strategy-implementation plan for new approaches to social media and email campaigns!"

You come right out and explain yes, you can help someone else with their problem. Terrific. 

Two problems, however: You don't want to help people with their problems. You want to take the problem right out of their hands. Your clients (trust me) don't want to work with you. They want you to solve their prroblem from A to Z and pay you for that. "Help," sounds like you will work together and you certainly do need to work with clients to understand them .. but I still think you should sound more independent. "I will solve your problem ..."

OK, second ... did you really say "strategy implementation"? Did you really say "content strategy?" You do understand this isn't a seminar your giving? Zowie. Do you think your clients are walking around saying to themselves "I really wish I could find someone who can help me with my strategy implementation problem."? 

Right from the start "Content strategy" just threw me. Can you try to get that back around sea-level somehow. How about "I manage online marketing from start to finish, everything from bulk emails to advertising to give your company the branding pizzaz that it needs." Doesn't that sound a bit more direct?

My guidelines for jargon are that it is very useful in convinvcing people you are a pro. This is your industry. This is what you do. Jargon helps convince people that you're in the know. But words like "implementation" don't really show any particular expertise. They're just really clunky words. 

The other point here is that to sound friendly you don't want to say "I'm really friendly." That doesn't convince anyone of anything. Instead, just put a little of your humanity out there. "I love helping others ..." "I'd love to take this problem off your hands so you can go to the beach." You have to sprinkle just a little humanity into works. (My examples are pretty hammy, but I think you know what I'm getting at.)

Sorry if this sounds heavy. Writing this stuff out makes it sound very didactic. In truth, if you are an ace content marketing whiz, you should do really really well on Upwork. Just tone down the jargon and don't be afraid to spritz your style with a bit more personality. I think that would help.

All that said, your rate mighty be a teeny touch too high for Upwork. Sorry to say, this ain't the Ritz. But the reommended thing to do is search around Uprork profiles and pick a rate accordingly.

gayatriramallam
Community Member

Would you please take a look at my profile and suggest some improvements? 

suzonraj257
Community Member

Would you please take a look at my profile and suggest some improvements?

I have 9+ years of professional expirence on the field. Need advise to tell my clients about this.

18f3e107
Community Member

Please sir, will you please take a look at my profile let me know if am ok.

abbb24f2
Community Member

Hello,

I appreciate everyone's willingness to give feedback and help eachother out. If somone could give honest feedback on my profile I would appreciate it. 

-Michael Acres

_jenny
Community Member

Hey Mike, I am top rated but I am not getting views on my profile also, not getting invitations. Can you give me some suggestions on how to increase my profile views. 

cc95135a
Community Member

Hello All,
Can anyone please look on my profile and provide the suggestion ?
I have applied more than 30 jobs but didn't get any response from client. Is there something on upwork  like first I have to purchase the membership and then my bids will be visible to client ?
Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

436d4f08
Community Member

Hello Mike, thanks for all the feedback you are providing to us here, I have been on upwork for a while now and am not getting any views at all, I collected my first project through sending of proposals, I have not get anything since then, I would greatly appreciate it if you can take a look at my profile and give some feedback. 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01c6668c7580c9d361

Thanks

lalagirl734
Community Member

Hi there! I've been on Upwork for a few months and have had absolutley no luck finding work. I bring a ton of experience to the table and am feeling a bit defeated that the only replies I receive are those that turn out to be scams. Will you take a peek at my profile and offer some suggestions, please? thanks so much in advance!

vaisnair
Community Member

Hi - I am new to Upwork. Can you please take a look at my profile and provide feedback?

cb9c02da
Community Member

hey, would love a feedback of my profile

8874a018
Community Member

would you please review my profile and give me feedback. 

1327d7f7
Community Member

I'm brand new and would love some feedback!

5c0f4a42
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community!

As a brand new member I would appreciate feedback on my profile from more experienced members. I'm seeking work as a full-stack software engineer and want to ensure I'm covering all my bases. 

Also, do you have any tips on submitting winning proposals (in the development space)? Do you attach additional files, and if so what files do you attach?

Thanks in advance! 

67cae789
Community Member

Hi Mike,

Could you please review my profile and help me become successful on upwork?

8d477b40
Community Member

Hello,

I would also like if someone could kindly review my profile too. Many Thanks. 

I am fellow with ACCA. My expertise are cloud Accounting and related bookkeeping, reporting and UK/US taxation, MS Excel etc. My portfolio and projects tab are blank - I donot understand what I could possibly advertise here! Accounting is all numbers, calculations etc. and 99.99% all data sheets, workbooks etc. are customer specific and fully confidential. Apart from this, any work that I have done in past, on any cloud program like Quickbooks, Odoo or Xero, I do not feel that there is anything to share here either as Quickbooks/Xero etc.  are quite renowned and general in that sense, each having their own interface and user experience - which I feel whoever looking for Accountancy work would already be familiar with. 

Community Member

Hello,

I'm new in Upwork and relatively new in my career, can you take a look at my profile and tell me where I need to improve?

dictarghanene
Community Member

Hello. Please take a look at my profile and suggest what I should improve on. Thank you.

3d6b7cc6
Community Member

Hi i'm new here .Would you please take a look at my profile and suggest some improvements? 

orina1013
Community Member

Hi adam

very thanks for you the post, I really need you help. I am not a new freelancer. but it's hard for me to find a work in website. could you please help me see the reason? If my resume is correct?

orina1013
Community Member

Dear Adam

my profile as below, Could you please give me some suggestion ? thank you

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~014a8fb8eebfe9fec4?s=1110580765719515136

f9cc500c
Community Member

would you please take a look at my profile and suggest some improvements?

7538c3b7
Community Member

Hello, 

new here, both on the forum as on Upwork. Came across this post. Would you be so kind to review my profile please?
Thank you so much in advance.

Kind regards, 

Maarten :fire:

60244a02
Community Member

I'm quite new here and still getting used to this place haha. I'd be over the moon if someone can review my profile and tell me what I should improve to grow here at Upwork. I am more than happy to do the same for you in return 🙂

tatzkillah
Community Member

Hi! I'm new to Upwork although I have had this profile for quite some time. It was only just recently about a month ago that I got active and would like to build my career using Upwork. I'd really appreciate it if you can take the time to review my profile and provide honest feedback. Positive or negative feedback is welcome.

d13c7860
Community Member

Will you please take a look at my profile and help me to improve

majeed-arshad
Community Member

Hi 

would you have some time to look at my profile .?

50aa1c66
Community Member

Would you please take a look at my profile and suggest some improvements?  thanks 🙂 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0188b10d8b41d9da38

c8dddab8
Community Member

Hi... I am new to Upwork . I have been submitting proposals for a month yet I haven't got my first gig. So it will be helpful if someone can look at my profile and provide a feedback. I really don't know what I am missing.

link : https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01d037c884797dbf8f

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths