🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New To Upwork being asked for Address and Ema...
Page options
99557c6c
Community Member

New To Upwork being asked for Address and Email

Good Afternoon,

I was reached out to for a gig on Upwork. I was asked a series of questions on Upwork and was told I got the job. However, it feels a little scammy. I have had all communication through Upwork but have not had a phone or video interview. Now that they want to extend the offer I am being asked for my email, address and phone number. Is this standard? I have not been extended an offer on Upwork yet. They are saying that I will receive the contract information via my email and then I will receive the offer on Upwork. So far everything has been conducted on upwork until this point.

Thank you,

Vince

1 REPLY 1
ArjayM

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this. Please be aware that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. Also, a real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. 

We encourage you to let us know if you find anything suspicious has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths